07 RXT 215 P1656

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jake1234588

Hello all,
First major post on the forum.

Went to start one of my skis and it is throwing a P1656 code, short to ground. Replaced the DESS harness but still getting the same code. The key is new and programmed.
A little background on the ski that is throwing the code...

-new motor(not refurbished, but brand new) Ski has been taken out a few times but this fault occurs randomly
-completely replaced any parts that were bad from the blown motor(yes it was a lot of nickel and diming the hell out of me lol)
-Brand new DESS, and programmed the key.
-Brand new key
-New Cluster, programmed to the ECU as well
-New ECU
-pinned the specific pin in the main harness that was listed, made sure they had a good connection, and then put it into the connector (seadoo picked the crappyist wires, connectors, and harness on the planet )

Ill take any and all guess's and ideas, because I've done them all. Been dealing with this for months on and off. Sometimes it runs and sometimes it does this.

Unless these keys just ware out in 1 yr, the keys are new. But I have two more brand new in the box, I'll program them and give it a go....BUT I'm thinking it's just crappy harness from Seadoo

Any input from anyone would be helpful.
Which version of BUDS are you using? The 06 and 07 years can be a pain to get the keys programmed. You have to have the ECU awake when you start BUDS. Even then, it might take a few times to register so that the "add new key" isn't grayed out.

I suspect you have a bad connection in the start circuit at one of the connections. I'd remove all the connections from their housings and clean and add more pressure to the terminal flex tabs so they create better contact.

Back