06 Wake Edition Starting problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, New member here, Just purchased a used 06 Wake Edition, with 14 hours total on the ski, Put in new battery and it started and ran. Brought it home and it would not crank. Jumpered it and it started so I charged the battery overnight and it still will not start. Battery reads 12.4 volts. Anyone have an idea of what this sounds like? Starter?

Was jumping the battery with another battery something I should not have done? If I become a premium member to this web sight will I be able to download the repair manuals?

When the ski is not turning over it just clicks like it doesnt have enough battery to power the starter to me.. Does this make any sense? Any input will be appreciated!

I figured it out, Has to be the starter solonoid,, now where is the best place to buy parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im only new in here and so not an expert but here is some things i had to try when i had a similar issue.

Aparently some starters can be very fussy when it comes to voltage drop / resistance. So check all connections are clean etc and tight.

Might also pay to get the new battery load tested although id be surprised if thats the issue.

Other option would be to by pass the start circuit to see if it will crank then, i just carefully used some jumper leads across to the starter + terminal. If it works as it should then you have either a cable issue or a starter relay issue. If it does the same thing then its either battery or starter motor.

Also might pay to check all the fuses as the one on the starter circuit may have popped when you jumpered the battery (maybe).

Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong here.

Tim, yes if you become a premium member, you can download the manual to your boat. Seadoowarehouse on this site is a good parts choice, or sbt on the web, also a good choice.

hope it all works out

cam:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back