05 RXT Speed Sensor Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, im not sure off the top of my head, but i just bought a 05 rxt... if you give me some time, i might be able to look in my manuals and see...

an easier option is the sites premium section ... they got it all!

well, that did little to help. I looked through section 6 Electrical System of the vehicle shop manual, but found nothing about a wire harness for the speed sensor. Now it is problably there, but me being super UN-knowledgable about my new craft, i just didnt see it. I also looked through section 11 Electrical connectors and wiring diagrams, but other then some 1 line diagrams, i didnt see anything that would tip me off...

Is the speed sensor, or the wire harness to it known by some anagram in the book? maybe with a little help i can find it for you.

I found the connector through the rear seat compartment on the left side if the boat. Cut off a couple tie raps and attaches a string to the old wire before pulling it out. Pulled the new wire back using the same string. Just waiting for the silicone to dry now. Too bad you can not replace the spinner instead of the whole assembly for $155.

Thanks for the help.

Now let's see 70.

70mph is a blast, just dont fall off lol.

As I mentioned in another post, i am still in my break in period, so i dont want to open it wide open, but i did touch 67mph for a second last weekend. piece of free advice, at that speed wear goggles lol the wind can be brutle!

tis good you found the answer... once the silicone dries.. go have fun!

I know what you mean about the wind.. Without the speedo the only reference was when the lens of my sunglasses pressed against my eyeball hard enough that I couldn't blink, I was near 70. BTW the silicone is dry and 72 is great.

Glad you quickly fixed your problem :)

I'm jealous of that speed! Have fun, stay safe, and post often.

was 72 your top speed? what was the lake condition at that speed?

I dont think i will be able to finish my break in period before the end of the season, so i might not be able to unleash the beast until next season. I think if i get on the lake at 8am, it will be nice and smooth, then get to the middle and let it fly, see how fast she will go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back