03' GTX SC will not hit full throttle...Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

schnarre430

This will be the forth season for me with this ski. I bought it with 90hrs on it. The first year it ran great, maxing out around 7250 rpm. The second year I rebuilt the super for good measure and it still ran fine. Last year I noticed that I had high fuel consumption most of the season, and late in the year I started to watch my rpms more closely. I noticed that it would only get to 6700 rpms.

First I read that low rpms are caused by high oil level. When the engine is cold I checked it per manual (30sec idle, 30sec off then check) and it was centered between the marks. However when I checked it hot it was above the top mark. So, I sucked some oil out and test run the ski again. It started out in the low 7's on rpm and quickly lost speed to 6700 again. At this point I checked it again and it was above the high mark. I tried again to draw oil out and got the same result. I have just changed the oil and filter and I still have the same results. I had a front crankcase pressure sensor code last year and I replaced it and had the code cleared, but this did not make a difference ether way on the rpm problem.

This is telling me that the front oil pump is filling the sump faster than the rear pump is removing it. Could the suction screen for the rear pump be clogged? Is there an internal leak somewhere? Is the rear pump failing?

Any help would be appreciated. I hate to pull the motor before having a good idea on what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back