03 GTX S/C Mild Surge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoSeaDoo

Hey guys, ever since I got this engine installed in my Challenger, I noticed it has a very mild surge. It fluctuates within a 100rpm range. It seems to do this at all RPMs. It's not really a big issue, just mildly annoying. It's especially noticeable when I'm going just a bit faster than idle. The whole boat will pull ahead a little each time.

Anyone know what causes this? My buddy suggests the oil pressure sensor. Everything on this engine is stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
This problem has gotten worse, and new plugs didn't help. Any idea what it could be? Do the idle air controller motors go bad on these motors?

I'd check for a vacuum leak. Most use either and spray around the intake. If it raises or lowers in RPMs you have found the issue. Pretty much any aerosol can work. WD-40, CRC ect ect.

Good idea! I will have to plumb the intake away from the manifold. One time I did that and the fumes themselves actually changed RPM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming all the stuff that ran the ski before was good and was re-used. Then it pretty much has to be a bolt on issue. So anything you removed and reinstalled is where you should start.

I took the entire motor apart and rebuilt parts, like the timing chain and valves, flywheel bolts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back