03 challenger x

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1wetduck

Help, please... I recently purchased the boat at a mini storage auction. It had been sitting for about 4 years. After fixing 2 of the fuel pumps & replacing the hi pressure fuel pump, I got it started. Wow!!! I was way excited. Started the boat and began idling out to get past the buoys. After approx 30 seconds, a semi loud, continuous beep came on. When I pushed the throttle, the boat would not accelerate. I shut the engine off. After about 30 min., I restarted the enginge (no beep), hit the throttle & everything seemed fine, after approx 30 sec, the beep returned, but did not loose power. We rode around for just a couple of min. Tested it a couple of times & the above scenario repeated itself, Can someone please tell me what is likely the cause of this. Thank you.

First... we need to know what engine you have. The '03 X can have a few different types. Also... on the power head... there should be a serial number. Post that for me.

In the "Generic" standings........

The continuous beep is an over temp warning. So... did you check the Pee-Hole for water? If it's peeing... was it hot? (should be warm, but not burning)

Also... depending on the engine it could have been water in the fuel, or even low oil. (but those are normally series of beeps, and a pause)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posting.
The engine is a Optimax 250, serial# OE411917

I just got back from taking the boat out to a close by river where i backed it into the water. I checked for water flow & temp coming from the pee hole. There was water flowing from it, but im thinking there should have been a greater flow. At idle, the stream was shooting out about 2-3 inches.
The temp of the water flow was pretty hot, not burning, but hotter than warm.
Thanks again

Well....

if water was flowing at idle... that should be fine. AND... if the water wasn't burning you... then that should be OK too.

BUT... in your engine, there is a "poppet" valve to help regulate the block pressure. If it's stuck... you will overheat. It's in the Port side of the bottom adapter plate. Take it apart, and check that valve.

Just an FYI... you have a temp sender in each head. At 180 Degrees, you will get a warning. At 185, you will get a speed reduction. Also... your air system can over heat, and trip the same alarm. So... you will want to verify all 3 senders along with the poppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back