02 seadoo sportster lt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khris Hawley

Hello. I just purchased a seadoo boat. One motor was not running but the other one was. Put new coil and plugs on it. Replaced o rings in head. Then realized the crank case was full of water and oil. So I pulled the motor out. My question is . First how did it fill up with water when the other motor didn't. Second do I need to rebuild it or seperate it and clean it out then put it back together ? I was told it was running good when they winterized it. Also there is a plate over the intake ports when I took the intake off , the plate feel off. How do u put it back in time? Its a 717 cc 85 hp rotax . Thanks all.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your crankcase is full of water your engine is toast.

Lou

If the engine was full of water... It's going to be rotten inside. So... a rebuild is probably in order. The water could have gotten in there, if someone put it on the hose to run it... and stopped the engine while the water was still running. Since the cooling systems are separate... only one engine would have been effected.

Are you talking about the rotary valve? If you are... it's outlined in the service manual on how to time it.

Thanks. But everything looks to be ok. I don't think it was ever started . I think the air cleaner cover was left off and it rained in it. Don't know for sure. But turns over fine . When I seperate the case I'll know more . Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. But I'm thinking that it may have rained in it due to air cleaner left off.everthing seems ok. It turns over fine. But I'll know more when I tear into it. As of that rotary valve yes .i don't have a manual for it yet. Thanks.

Hello
I just purchased a 2002 sportster lt and looking for the shop manual. Would you have a copy or point me in the direction to where I may find one? Thanks.

Hello
I just purchased a 2002 sportster lt and looking for the shop manual. Would you have a copy or point me in the direction to where I may find one? Thanks.

If you join as a premium member you can download the manual for your boat. I just checked to confirm that there is one for the 2002 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back