WOW!!! 6 hours is a LONG time...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I could swear that we have run at least 12 hours on the new motor, but after 3 weekends and 5 trips out, I looked at the hour-meter and I have only burned 6 hours toward the break-in!!!

It is amazing how time is so distorted when you are enjoying life on the water...:)

Its so true....I always thought I was putting way more time on the doo then I actually did. But I somehow managed to get in 80hours this short summer....so I am pretty happy with that!!

You are also probably finding it slow cause its the break in period and you can't wait for it to finish!!

Matt

I based my break in time on gasoline used....

So far so good.

After one tank I started to drive it a little more aggressively.

:agree: but i also know i put alot of hr on the boat, I was lucky enough toget out on the boat every saturday & sunday for about 6month's

I agree...I took the first tank pretty conservatively, then was a little bit more aggressive on the next tank.

I just filled it up for the 3rd tank, and plan on being pulled behind the boat on a surfboard next time out. Still not running it full throttle, but at least putting a little bit of a load on it.

I would think that on your 3rd tank of gas you would be good to go and rip it full throttle. I just got my boat back from getting winterized and having a new prop and wear ring put in there. My old prop was junk and the it wore out the wear ring completely. I can't wait to get out there in the spring.

Only problem now is the cylinders are only putting out 112psi of compression. So next winter it will need a top end rebuild.

I am doing short bursts of full throttle, but no longer than 5-10 seconds max.

I just don't want to go full throttle for cruising until the 10 hours is up.

I don't blame you there why possibly ruin a brand new motor. I would be safe than sorry also. I can't wait to get mine in the water again. It is going to be like a brand new boat when I drive it next.

When I bought my 200 speedster I put 5 hours on it the first day in the water...Back in January.
We do have a lot of water to cruise in and places to go than just a small lake type setting. It's like 2 hours to Sarasota for a lunch break and a cold drink, from my house. There are like 10 places in between, but I have special places I like to go.

Karl

Well, I admit, we tend to bring our drinks, a couple of sandwiches, and usually a dog and a tennis ball. So we spend a lot of time on various beaches and sandbars just drinking and tossing the ball for the dog.

If we are on the lake and without the dog, we go to the "deep end" near the dam, cut the engine, and swim off the back or eat sushi (yeah, we bring that along sometimes as well...)

So, apparently, 6 hours on the water is only 2-3 hours engine time the way we do it.

This will change when I get the boat broke in and start to ski and tow-surf behind it. But with the water cooling off, this may not be til march or april.

The Man!........

What ever you do,...........don't come to Alabama with an open beverage in your boat........It's like the man has binoculars and is searching for someone to pop the top on a cold one! The ticket? about $150 bucks and that's only if he doesn't haul you to jail. Bible thumping state laws.........:cheers:

WOW!!!

It is scary how sloshed you can get around here and still legally drive a boat.

I tend to take it easy because usually, I have an hour drive home through Houston. But I have hauled home friends and family that were "asleep" in the back seat...

I guess the local fishermen have a stronger lobby than the churches, when it comes to passing legislation against drinking and boating.

Michigan has rather lax boating laws by those standards.

Driving a vehicle your BAC limit is .08

Driving a boat your BAC limit is .10

BUI's or boating under influence carries less of a charge than driving under the influence.

Driver cannot have an alcoholic bev. in hand. All passengers may have an open container.

Sustained 3K on the tach for 1 hour = 1 hour of running time

I could swear that we have run at least 12 hours on the new motor, but after 3 weekends and 5 trips out, I looked at the hour-meter and I have only burned 6 hours toward the break-in!!!

It is amazing how time is so distorted when you are enjoying life on the water...:)

A buddy explained it to me this way. The hour rating is based on this: a sustained 3K on the tach for 1 hour = 1 hour of running time. So if you are running under that, then the 'hours' go slower, and if you are above that (like at WOT) then the hours should go faster (used up quicker)

Dunno if that is wives tales or whatnot but I going with that explanation :)

Cerb

A buddy explained it to me this way. The hour rating is based on this: a sustained 3K on the tach for 1 hour = 1 hour of running time. So if you are running under that, then the 'hours' go slower, and if you are above that (like at WOT) then the hours should go faster (used up quicker)

Dunno if that is wives tales or whatnot but I going with that explanation :)

Cerb

A hour meter works on the premise that when it receives 12 volts it starts the clock. Remove the 12 volts, the clock stops working. It's a HOUR meter...based on 60 minutes in a hour of electrical use...very simple calculations.
Of coarse time does seem to go faster when your having fun. Go peel potatoes and see the time drag. :rofl:

Karl

Ya i cant complain. well not till the next snowfall that is. But as of right now we have ZERO snow here.....im sure now that ive said this ill wake up to a ft or two:ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back