work

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

spunkyone

hey seadoosnipe you get kickbacks from this forum??just cause i say you and kustomkarl are allways working hard on this forum and if your not i think you guys should Right greg????:cheers:

Laughter...

I answered this thread but my 10 million dollar computer didn't upload it!...:ack:

No, Karl and I are not employed or salaried staff of the forum. Karl and I go back over a year as jr. members (he went premium, I was too cheap....LOL), looking for help for our 97 Challengers. Him and I met through this site. We became friends, PM'ing and posting to each other our problems. The staff asked if I wanted to moderate, I accepted. He was asked a month later (we had other moderators at the time).

Karl has an extensive history in working on and racing stand-ups and I have been a mechanic of the internal combustion engine (2 and 4 strokes) since I can remember. I've built my own high performance engines from the ground up. I dragged raced a motorcycle for a few seasons and raced motocross in my younger years, before they actually had the nice suspension systems......:rofl:

I work at a chemical plant, in rotating hours so have a lot of spare time. Karl owns his own business. When there are no customers in his shop, he finds time to be in here. With the economy in the toilet, .......well, I'm sure you know about jobs and the economy.

In all honesty, I can't say that the owners have not shown their appreciation for our work in the forum but it's not why we're here.

To answer your question,.....no, we do not get kickbacks or are we employed by the owners. We have answered the same question 1,000,000 times and if it's asked again, we will answer it 1,000,001. This is where Karl and I became friends. It's what we share with each other in this forum. You, the members are just the beneficiaries!.....:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thank you both for answering questions for everybody. I know a lot of us appreciate it. I am a failry new member but I read most of the threads in this forum, and you two practically answer 99% of the questions asked.

THANK YOU!

Cool, another satisfied member. As Louis expressed, we do it because we enjoy it as a hobby. This forum has grown in very high numbers in the past year. It's members like yourself that make this place a pleasure to be here.:)

Karl

guys

great you guys have been helpful very and i expect more to come:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:seadoosnipe and kustomkarl thanks guys maybe will meet you on some water some day:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Meet?......

We actually had a "meet up" at KustomKarls house last year. The admins and a few members were there. I have two daughters, 6 and 7, so making time to get away from the house without them isn't easy. Not because they won't let me, because I won't let me. At my age, having these two angels, sent from above, is the most important thing in my life. I can't believe I waited this long before sharing in the joy of raising children. Now, having said that, those with kids know of my agony and defeat too!..........:rofl: but you should see my 6 year old on a kneeboard!.........she's gonna be a world class, competition skier...........:cheers:

Thanks Nate.....but it is the members that keep me in check. Robin Savell Lloyd is the first one to point out something I've said that might not be exactly correct. So, when a member see's I made a mistake, I have to quickly verify this (from our manual library) and make changes so no one gets bum advice. That's a challenge in itself. I also like the idea that it shows members that, I'm human too. It's very important to find you made a mistake. Important that you identify the mistake, accept responsibility for the mistake then, correct it. My wife taught me that one. Us men seem to want to believe we know everything, so we get married to find out that we don't know as much as we thought we did.............

Last edited by a moderator:
For grins:

:)

Make love, not war. - Heck, do both GET MARRIED!

A fisherman lives here... with the greatest catch of his life.

The only thing man has learned from history is that man does not learn from history.

if you give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day :cheers:

Back