won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wacos

i got a seadoo gtx 97 787 engine. exhaust manifold gasket bettwen maifold and exhaust pipe broke and water getting. a soon i get the ski out of the water i start the ski but won't stay in idle. the bolts of the exhaust pipe broke inside the manifold. i put wd-40 during one week for save the engine have only 10 hours of use. anyway i removed carbs for replaced the exhaust maifold. install back again with new gasket of carb,manifold and exhasut mufler pipe. jetski now just crank but won't start, i remove the spark plugs for clean the clinders by crancking the engine. i just see now a little be of mix of the gas. put new spark plugs and try to start the engine but when i press the strat button cranck the engine for couple seconds stop and when i try again sound like when a starter is bad. if i wait like 1min and try again engine turn when i cranck but won't start. batt is charge at full capacity. please help

To start you need at least 3 things, fuel, compression and ignition. If no cranking you need to trace the electrical system till you find the problem and fix it, then you can check the compression and determine if the fuel needs to be serviced also, you did not mention anything about the fuel system - any air leak will produce a no-start, go over the fuel hoses slowly and the control switch to be sure no leaks, try adding a coffee shop spoon of mix gas to each spark plug hole then see if the motor runs this out - if so you have air in the fuel system or just jammed up with steel gas can trash.

i check compresion have 175 and 180 psi. check spark again today and i don't have anything. how is this posible if I just only remove carbs without removing the fuel lines and nothing and replaced the exhaust manifold. fuel is ok. i got fuel

I answered you private about the battery charger but also could be one grounding lead may have bee skipped when the exhaust parts went back in, when the mpem is dead there is a long beep with the key or nothing at all and the 5amp fuse get burnt out right way - DO NOT put in a larger fuse or you will destroy the hope of repairing the board.

ok i check all the fuses they are ok. i recheck spark i got good spark. i keep trying start the jetski and i burn the starter. i put new starter and jet ski start but misfiring. if any way the water go down to the crankcase, i need to drain the oil of the crankcase and put new oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back