Wiring help please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrscary

I could use some help making sense of some of the wiring behind the Speedo dash. On 2002 challenger 2000 m2 merc 240 efi.

1. Circle in thin Yellow Is a purple wire that is cut looks like it is cut from the other purple end in thin Yellow as well on the right. Also what is they black box it’s connected too circled in thin Red.

2. In yellow with red. Is a male and female that is not connected not sure if the should be.

3. And in thick yellow is an orange with with a connector that is un plugged and W70 on it. Not sure what it is for and if it should be plugged in and where.

Any help for a newbie on this boat would be great.

Attachments

• 7C64A886-3724-4116-BFFE-29E8589D2941.jpeg
    7C64A886-3724-4116-BFFE-29E8589D2941.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 31
I could use some help making sense of some of the wiring behind the Speedo dash. On 2002 challenger 2000 m2 merc 240 efi.

1. Circle in thin Yellow Is a purple wire that is cut looks like it is cut from the other purple end in thin Yellow as well on the right. Also what is they black box it’s connected too circled in thin Red.

2. In yellow with red. Is a male and female that is not connected not sure if the should be.

3. And in thick yellow is an orange with with a connector that is un plugged and W70 on it. Not sure what it is for and if it should be plugged in and where.

Any help for a newbie on this boat would be great.

The box next to the fuse block is the infamous throttle guardian. They have been known to cause many problems. The typical way to disable it is just cut and tape the black/yellow wire. That's all.

Your red wire looks like it is looking far a home on the fuse block. Can you see anything on the sticker that does not work?

You will have to see a wiring diagram to see where your 2 snap-lock connectors go.

All your wires should be zip-tied so they can't get cut by steering parts.

Sorry I can't help more. It looks like you have already been re-wired.

The box next to the fuse block is the infamous throttle guardian. They have been known to cause many problems. The typical way to disable it is just cut and tape the black/yellow wire. That's all.

Your red wire looks like it is looking far a home on the fuse block. Can you see anything on the sticker that does not work?

You will have to see a wiring diagram to see where your 2 snap-lock connectors go.

All your wires should be zip-tied so they can't get cut by steering parts.

Sorry I can't help more. It looks like you have already been re-wired.
Thanks. Never knew that box is the throttle guardian. By any chance do you know where I can get the wiring diagram for that.

Thanks. Never knew that box is the throttle guardian. By any chance do you know where I can get the wiring diagram for that.

You will have to find it online. The Merc book does not even mention it. Not in the diagram for the engine. To make things really confusing-- TG was not on every boat.

Google "mercury seadoo wiring diagram".

You will have to find it online. The Merc book does not even mention it. Not in the diagram for the engine. To make things really confusing-- TG was not on every boat.

Google "mercury seadoo wiring diagram".
Thanks I will do that and see what I can find. Any chance you or someone may know where I can get the lay out of the seadoo fuse box so I can see if everything there is in the prop plug and for that w70 wire that is not plugged in.

Even if someone has a pick of 2002 challenger2000 fuse box that they know is Layla I’d out properly would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back