Winterizing Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nesnfred

I have a 2008 Challenger Wake Edition. Tried the manual winterize procedure for the first time. I usually just pump in RV antifreeze while engines are running and fog cylinders. Manual calls for 200ml in both intercoolers and 300ml in both exhaust manifolds. For exhaust manifold, you pour it in through the water outlet hose that connects from the manifold to the top of the exhaust pipe. Using a small funnel, you just pour it in slowly. I was surprised to see on the starboard engine the antifreeze rising up from the stem on the top of the exhaust pipe that the water outlet hose connected to. As long as I backed off before resuming, I was able to get all 300ml in. Does that just mean the manifold was filling and overflowing into the exhaust pipe? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I did exactly what you see in the picture your posted. I had a small funnel and poured the 300 ml into the water outlet hose (#3 in the pic). So the antifreeze would have flowed (using the diagram) from #3 into #1 (the exhaust manifold). What was surprising to me, I saw fluid bubbling up the stem of the exhaust pipe that I could now see into because hose #3 was disconnected.

Thanks for the reply! I did exactly what you see in the picture your posted. I had a small funnel and poured the 300 ml into the water outlet hose (#3 in the pic). So the antifreeze would have flowed (using the diagram) from #3 into #1 (the exhaust manifold). What was surprising to me, I saw fluid bubbling up the stem of the exhaust pipe that I could now see into because hose #3 was disconnected.
Hmmm.... I didn't experience that, lets see if someone with more experience chimes in... I would hate to tell you my thoughts and wreck your engine.. I didn't pay a lot of attention when I was adding mine because It doesn't really get cold enough in South Carolina to do harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back