Winterize 2008 RXPT 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 1000kms from my Seadoo but going to head back in couple weeks. I had ordered a flush adaptor .... Back ordered till December.
Is there a way to winterize without this flush adaptor? Can I rig a blow gun and flush with air? I should have looked closer at the connection.
Any help would be great ! Thx in advance.

If you're talking about the threaded fitting at the back by the pump a standard garden hose thread will work.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure all the 4-tecs have a simple flush port that accepts a regular garden hose in the jet pump area. I also purchased a garden hose quick connect (from the local home improvement store for about $2) and use that to more easily connect and disconnect my hose for flushing.

Same thing can be used to pump RV antifreeze through the system for winterization.

See this thread and all the links for info about winterization:
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?66745-Question-on-4-Tec-winterizing&highlight=winterize+devonte

My 99 XP had a garden hose, but honestly I didn't look at this one before I left. I'm just going by what the dealer told me. He showed me some hose with what looked like a spring loaded connector on the end of it. But it was hard to tell what it looked like.

My 99 XP had a garden hose, but honestly I didn't look at this one before I left. I'm just going by what the dealer told me. He showed me some hose with what looked like a spring loaded connector on the end of it. But it was hard to tell what it looked like.

I was hoping someone with the same machine would chime in.

I was hoping someone with the same machine would chime in.

I have one. You do not need a flush adapter. The hose is hooked up to the fitting near the pump at the rear outside of the hull. You can use a quick connect garden hose connector but not necessary. You do need to be able to turn the water off and on at the proper time so a shut off at the hose end is helpful.

Read your owner's manual. You can download one from the Sea-Doo.com site.

I have one. You do not need a flush adapter. The hose is hooked up to the fitting near the pump at the rear outside of the hull. You can use a quick connect garden hose connector but not necessary. You do need to be able to turn the water off and on at the proper time so a shut off at the hose end is helpful.

Read your owner's manual. You can download one from the Sea-Doo.com site.
Thx so it's a garden connection? I read the man.. It refers to "flush adaptor" connect to the back fitting your talking about. But my dealer showed a goofy connector.

SOB!! He only showed me the green one with the quick connect on end. ! That's what set me out on this goose chase....plus it was like $48 so I figured it had to be special !

Thx I bought a little transfer pump today , came with hose and a MBV! I think going to use the hose to beat the parts guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back