Winterization question (couple questions)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am dumb, sorry, made wrong assumptions, the spark calls for 1.9 ish litres. I like to know how much oil is in the motor before the extraction process. This way I know when to stop extracting.

All done!

I need an extra cup of water (manual is wrong!). Dealer told me that the two quarts quantity is good if one doesn't replace the filter. This is kind of dumb since the kit comes with a filter...

Good thing I check the plugs: one of them had small fractures on the ceramic part. The plug hole had some water previously in there I think as there was no dielectric grease around the top part (as per manual). This water is not my doing and my ski never capsized. Maybe the dealer sprayed some water on it last year if they made a mess while changing the oil, go figure. I have never put any water on the engine myself since buying it new. I put the old plug back, sprayed WD40 then cleaned with compressed air, then removed the plug and cleaned with a lint free cloth. All good. Fogged the engine and reinstalled everything with three new plugs and grease and anti seize.

Only issue came with the CanDoo. Since I bought it I had many issues reading the GTI 90. Seems like they mixed some components between the Spark and the GTI 130 to create the GTI 90 and the Candoo software had issues reading the ski. Folks at CanDoo provided me with a software fix (the new version that will be available soon for everyone) and it worked. Nice and neat new interface.

I am also missing a cup of engine coolant, will buy some along the extra oil on my next trip in front of a BRP dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back