Winterization/high temp warning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsb

Hey guys I’ve got two questions for my pair of 2003 gti le fri. First is my high temp warning comes on as soon as the engine fires. I’m guessing this means a bad temp sensor. Is there a test I can do to confirm this?
Also the winterization process on the 2003 gti le rfi 787 is just clamping the outgoing hose and pouring in antifreeze in the in going and letting gravity do the rest until it comes out the water minder? If not can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks. Sorry if there’s threads on these already.

Engine has to be running when adding any water or antifreeze.

Follow the factory service manual.

Factory Service Manual, not owner's manual.
Seadoo Manuals
In the manual unless I’m reading it wrong it says not to start it. But if I’m reading it correctly it only states that you pour anti freeze into the cylinders on the 717 engines not the 787 engines. For the 787 engines it only states to pour anti freeze into the t fitting and only pour 10 oz. am I missing something.

In the manual unless I’m reading it wrong it says not to start it. But if I’m reading it correctly it only states that you pour anti freeze into the cylinders on the 717 engines not the 787 engines. For the 787 engines it only states to pour anti freeze into the t fitting and only pour 10 oz. am I missing something.
4C190009-4326-4A25-AA66-DBE03BDC9C0A.png

Attachments

• 13B1256E-325C-4A33-B1E9-09FA7FB07FC6.png
    13B1256E-325C-4A33-B1E9-09FA7FB07FC6.png
    728.6 KB · Views: 5
You never put anything into the engine without it running ever.

Pick any hose going into the head on a 787 or 720 and pour some RV anti freeze in with the engine running then rev the engine a few times to blow out any extra.

The anti freeze is only diluting any water left in the engine as these engines don’t hold full of water and actually have a low point drain that gravity flows out of the engine when you shut it off.

You never put anything into the engine without it running ever.

Pick any hose going into the head on a 787 or 720 and pour some RV anti freeze in with the engine running then rev the engine a few times to blow out any extra.

The anti freeze is only diluting any water left in the engine as these engines don’t hold full of water and actually have a low point drain that gravity flows out of the engine when you shut it off.
Sounds good appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back