Winter Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

nswillin

Premium Member
Premium Member
It's cold, rainy, and boating season is over. (I know Karl, brrrrrrrr) :rofl:
Now what to do with your Seadoo? Some people will winterize and put it up for the season. But, some people have some projects to do will the season has gone. Whether it's painting, hull work, rebuilding carbs, rebuilding engines, changing out those fuel lines, or anything. We want to hear about it, and keep us updated on the progress or any new tricks yall have learned.

As for me......

I had a problem at the very end of the season where something hit the bottom of my spark plug. I replaced the plug, it ran fine, compression still good. Put it up for the winter and decided to pull the head off, I couldn't resist.

My head cover for the rear cylinder looked like the surface of the moon as well as the top of the piston. Pulled the cylinders off and saw the culprit. A little tiny piece broke off and got banged around. Piston time!! Pulled the engine out last night, because it's so much easier to work on out of hull. Can't wait to digg in! I will be doing the carbs as well.
head-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing ive done so far is install and hr meter, and maybe give it a coat of wax so its all ready to go for the first trip out in april, not to far away:cheers:

winter STINKS

Well, got our SeaDoos all tucked in for winter, nothing planned for them this year, other than an oil change in my 4-tec... But I do have a trick for you, I have both loaded down with the kids Christmas presents... You would be amazed what they'll hold, with the cover on and a few towels and sheets plus the boat seats out of my Mirage, you can't tell I got it stuffed with goodies!!!
I do plan on rebuilding a 74 Corvette motor, that I'm looking at making a 383 then throwing a 671 blower on and putting in an extended cab S10...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Here's the Vette, the motor came out of, which was a winter project of 05...
39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I loooooove Vettes. I'm gonna go check my seadoo to see if there is any Christmas presents under it. :rofl:

Good luck with the vette.

Ryan

hey nice vette, look nice ans strait. My dads has a 78 100% all original never even been painted but i think hes selling it due to never driving it. Corvette are forsure my favorite cars.

42.jpg

43.jpg

I got a new project now for the winter, trying make a small lift for my boat that wont take up much room and can be moved if needed, thinkin about using a sissor type set-up.

78 vette

Hey Joel, 78 was Corvette's 25th anniversary,I could be wrong but I thought they only produced the silver anniversay edition(all silver) and the indy pace car edition(silver&black) never seen a blue one:confused:

The 2 tone paint silver metallic with charcoal silver was a $400 option 15,283.... Pop vette has a wierd option, Has a trailer package witch has a HD rad and diffrent suspension, only 972 came with that option and only 2,084 came in dark blue out of i believe 46,776

The 2 tone paint silver metallic with charcoal silver was a $400 option 15,283.... Pop vette has a wierd option, Has a trailer package witch has a HD rad and diffrent suspension, only 972 came with that option and only 2,084 came in dark blue out of i believe 46,776

Not sure about your dad's but ours had NO POWER, 74 was the year they de-tuned them and tried to put on pollution control system. It was all junk, the old motor is going to get a serious face lift...
He should keep the Vette, or I think he should!!!

ya they are under powered.... there good cruzing cars. Were selling it though pop wants either an older ZR-1 or a C6 convertable.

I had a silver anny with the L48,a real dog(until I installed the nitrous kit)Surprised a few older vettes:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back