Will maintenance message prevent starting?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttkt1207

I have a 2015 GTI 130 with about 55 hours. I have not taken it to a dealer and there is a maintenance message showing on the display. When I press the start button, I get the 2 beeps and the display comes on but the ski will not crank (no clicking or any cranking sounds). I shorted across the starter solenoid and the starter cranks fine...I'm thinking it's the starter solenoid so I replace the starter solenoid and I get the same (no clicking or any cranking). I checked all the fuses that relate to starting...all look good. I have not changed the oil yet (I will be doing that!) but wondering if that is causing the ski to fail to start or do I have a wiring issue. Seems odd to have a wiring issue with such a newer jet ski!! Thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Solved: After reading the manual, I found that the ECM can prevent starting in the case of a significant failure. However, that was not the case here. I performed more diagnostics and found that one side of the starter solenoid fuse contact was pushed down into the fuse box causing intermittent loss of 12V battery to the starter solenoid thus failing to start.

Solved: After reading the manual, I found that the ECM can prevent starting in the case of a significant failure. However, that was not the case here. I performed more diagnostics and found that one side of the starter solenoid fuse contact was pushed down into the fuse box causing intermittent loss of 12V battery to the starter solenoid thus failing to start.

Great troubleshooting brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back