Who's Ready for some PWC Arena Racing?!!! Check out the video

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
It is 1 1/2 hrs due est of me.. I'd be willing to check it out as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been two two race events and to be brutally honest, they were NOT set up well as a spectator sport, which is why I never went again. But with grandstands, nice weather, I'd certainly try it and see what I think.

Spim,, funny you mention that as I was wondering that exact concern...

When I did the Mt Dora trips, it was ok, one year we took 3 ski's, rented a place on the lake, rode around for a couple of days, drank too much beer and ate too much steak, not a bad "ski" weekend, but the event itself was kind of boring to watch, the best part was looking inside the engine bay's of all the ski's on the shoreline.

The 2nd trip I was in the area anyway so I just drove over with a buddy, we got bored half way through the day, left early and stopped in tampa on the way back to play some poker at the hard rock.

I could see how getting bored could easily happen. The layout of the venue is critical to spectator participation.. Hopefully they will learn this early and not lose fans before its too late...

FWIW I had about the same experience at the Daytona Freeride, interesting experience, some cool ski's but from a spectator's perspective (and me being a couch rider) I really wasn't that exciting and before the even was half over I was pretty much done with it. Maybe if I knew a rider, or was really really "into" it then it would be more fun for me.

Generally speaking if I have a half a day to kill I'd rather spend 4 hours on the water than watch other people spend 4 hours on the water if that makes any sense.

Thanks for all the input! As promoters we all know that closed coarse racing can be hard to watch.. soo many buoys out there and most people have no idea what's going on out there. Not to mention it's far from shore. Honestly when I watch a race I like it loud and in my face. With the arena race, the spectators will be very close to the action, and the coarse will be easy to see what's going on. Abviousley we will only fine tune it and make it better as we go. Again thanks for the input.

I saw a note on FB that the race has been cancelled. ?
wanted to be sure it wasn't just that our group cancelled and not the race itself.

any update on that ?

Yes very unfortunate but we did have to cancel due to lack of sponsor support. Stay tuned we will be coming up with somthing new

Back