Whining Noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlestonRXT

Hi All,
I hope everyone is having a great summer. My 2012 RXT-X with 216 hours on it has been a flawless ski since I bought it about 3 years ago with 29 hours on it. I have the oil and plugs changed every 30 hours and pump grease done once a year. I have the original wear ring and impeller and the SC was rebuilt 2/1/2016 with 107Hr. I just had the pump greese changed out about 12 hours ago and when I was on the water on Sunday I noticed a weird whining noise. I stopped at a friends house for an hour and then road back to launch and the noise was gone. When I flushed it at home I noticed right away that the whining is back. I started it today and I noticed it right away. No power loss at all, ski runs great i just cant seem to figure out the whining noise. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
CharlestonRXT

Overdue for another supercharger rebuild. You can pull the jetpump and spin the impeller by hand to check pump bearing. Had a whining noise from my RXP and it was a bad pump bearing.

I thought the rebuild kits were good for 200 hours? The pump grease was just changed 12 hours ago and the guy at Charleston Power Sports that did the work is good friend of mine and he said the bearing is in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back