Where to get a 951 Balance Shaft Rebuilt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunbearing

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to finally finish my rebuild of my 1999 GTX Limited engine and I was wondering if anyone know of a reputable shop that does rebuilds the counter balance shaft. I see that SBT and Hot Rods both offer drop in replacements but I am not sure of their quality. I have read about people doing the job themselves but some have better luck than others. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to finally finish my rebuild of my 1999 GTX Limited engine and I was wondering if anyone know of a reputable shop that does rebuilds the counter balance shaft. I see that SBT and Hot Rods both offer drop in replacements but I am not sure of their quality. I have read about people doing the job themselves but some have better luck than others. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I have HEARD that it is best to stay away from SBT because of low quality, I personally have no experience with them. I dont know about Hot Rods.
I paid a machine shop to rebuild a balance shaft and they neglected to mark the gear/shaft position before removing the gear. They reassembled it by just guessing its position, ruining the shaft. The rebuild is only as good as the person doing it.
If you decide to get it rebuilt, my suggestion is to take MANY pictures of your old balance shaft before you hand it over to someone and then make sure the weights are positioned properly before you assemble the engine. Good luck!

I have HEARD that it is best to stay away from SBT because of low quality, I personally have no experience with them. I dont know about Hot Rods.
I paid a machine shop to rebuild a balance shaft and they neglected to mark the gear/shaft position before removing the gear. They reassembled it by just guessing its position, ruining the shaft. The rebuild is only as good as the person doing it.
If you decide to get it rebuilt, my suggestion is to take MANY pictures of your old balance shaft before you hand it over to someone and then make sure the weights are positioned properly before you assemble the engine. Good luck!
guessing at that is such a knob move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back