where do you tow tubes from? ski pole or wake tower?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawngod

reason i am asking, i took my boat out for the first time and bent my ski pole towing a great big mable. yes, i know 430hp and 4 adults is alot to ask for a ski pole, and no, i didnt get slack in the rope. but i did learn the hard way, its apparently too much weight for a ski pole, can the wake tower take this kinda punishment?
and, is there a way to straighten the ski pole? its pretty stout obviously, and is just barely bent, but just enough it wont retract anymore.
i didnt use the wake tower to pull the tubes, cuz the riders dont like the way the tower pulls the tube, on ruff water the porpoising of the boat causes the tube to bounce in rhythm with the boat.

also the ballast pump isnt working, its only getting 7volts, needs 12? 6 wires coming out of switch and only 2 going into motor? maybe a job the shop this winter. any ideas?

seadoo speedster wake 430hp

Not the expert but you should be able to find treads here and other forums on this subject. Consensus is that you should never pull tubes with the tower. Something about bending or breaking it as it was never designed to pull that much weight. Does that mean you can't do it? No, but you might be asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back