Where are the Calgary people

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rookie101

Premium Member
Premium Member
Where are the Calgary people riding this weekend?

Anytime you are heading out for a ride and want to let the locals know just post here. Keep an eye on the thread on Fridays.

Aaron:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK looks like Little Bow on Saturday. Going to try and be there about noon or so. Also possibly Pine Coulee on Sunday if there is some interest.

Aaron

looks like I'm heading to Little Bow today also, should be there before 1:00.

Are you towing with a Porsche Cayenne ? If so you were trying to launch about the time we were coming off the lake. I actually ended up with a bit of a sunburn so I think tomorrow will be spent in the house.

Hope everyone had fun and their boats ran good the first outing of the year.

How was Ghost? Little Bow was great except the water temp still feels like about 50f:chillpill:

Attachments

• 09-16-09_005.jpg
    09-16-09_005.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 22
  • 09-16-09_006.jpg
    09-16-09_006.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 23
Ghost was a little choppy on the main lake...nice on the other side of the bridge. It was our first time out there (actually first time we had the boat on any Alberta Lake), seemed quite busy especially around the ramp when it was time to get in. The water looks like it was really low so the end of the dock were the only thing in the water and of course there were a couple people tied up at the dock that were mooring and not just parked waiting for the truck to back down the ramp :stupid:(sadly one was a Speedster :( )...so after a half hour of hovering around the buoys i finally just beached it because none of the 5 boats tied up moved. The water temp was about the same 51F but we had fun...any time on the water is always fun and the boat performed good :hurray:. I like the action shots of the U-Boat Rookie:cheers:

The water looks like it was really low so the end of the dock were the only thing in the water

Ended up taking a drive out there this afternoon (wife wanted ice cream from Cochrane) and the water is really low. Noticed the launch ramp on the north side of the highway was completely unusable. It was about ten feet out of the water. Normally just about the entire length of the docks are floating which makes it much easier.

Are you towing with a Porsche Cayenne ? If so you were trying to launch about the time we were coming off the lake. I actually ended up with a bit of a sunburn so I think tomorrow will be spent in the house.

Hope everyone had fun and their boats ran good the first outing of the year.

That would be me :) Did you notice my amateur boat launch mistake, I really thought I had taken both of the straps off the rear, but one was still on :rofl: Good news is I didn't make anyone wait and at the end of the day I even towed in another boat that was dead on the water :(

rookie I did see you too but figured I'd see you again on the lake and being on the ramp there is only one priority, getting the boat off safely and FAST

Little Bow is a great lake but just a tad too far for a daytrip, but I'll def be out there with a camper for a Saturday night again this summer.

Today I promised three friends who love to fish a day on the lake so we went out to Pine Coulee. No problems on the boat launch today :hurray: even though that launch is about as smooth as taking wakes at 50 knots on one of our boats :rofl: The water was like glass when we got there and then the wind really picked up, caught about 25 walleye, the water was warmer then Bow IMO but a local boater informed us the water temp was 51. The new infiniti wetsuit is wonders, money very well spent, my shorts were dry after 15 minutes in the water!

Pine Coulee is very narrow and long, not much of a view, it was a great day on the water but I still like Ghost the most! Esp with our boats because it gives us the freedom to go up river and get away from the crowds. Ghost also has the best coves and I really enjoy those :cheers:

Anyone up for a trip to Ghost on May 31st? I already have a Seadoo and another boat coming along. We're also free to change the lake but with a few Seadoos out it should be fun on the river section :cheers:

Anyone up for a trip to Ghost on May 31st? I already have a Seadoo and another boat coming along. We're also free to change the lake but with a few Seadoos out it should be fun on the river section :cheers:

I could be up for that.:cheers:

I will pencil this in and will see if the gang is up for a change of scenery yet.

We drove out to Gull and it looks like the ice is finally off so are planning on making our maiden voyage there this weekend. :hurray:

I will pencil this in and will see if the gang is up for a change of scenery yet.
:cheers: Weather is looking good for the 31st, 27 degrees!

I'm off to Ghost tmrw hoping not to encounter any thunderstorms :ack: Will let you know how the depth of the lake is. Pine Coulee was fun today, water temp ain't bad for this early in the year :hurray:

Also heard about a lake b/w Pine Coulee and Little Bow named Twin Valley.... anyone been there seen it?

Spent about 3 hours on Gull Lake yesterday and it was a great day for our maiden voyage:hurray:. The water was very smooth and there were only about a dozen other boats on it while we were out. We pulled out at about 3 and the marina was starting to get a but busier there were still no line ups.
Happy boating!

rdradu glad to hear your trip went smooth :cheers:

Well the weather this sunday for the meet is not cooperating so lets postpone it for another weekend... the following weekend doesn't look that great too right now either.

I will be out at ghost playing hookie from work on Friday, depending how warm the water is and if I can bear it I may end up there on Saturday too or head down to Pine.

Anyone else have plans to make it out this on Fri/Sat?

I'm hoping to take the boat out of the barn tomorrow,dust her of ,dewinterize it(take the cover off and install the battery) and head down to the coulee mid afternoon.Depends if I get my morning errands done. Supposed to be scorcher :cheers: :coolgleam: :cheers: :coolgleam:

Man you guys that have Friday off are killing me.:ack:

Sounds like I will be at Ghost on Saturday....................but I'm only taking out a few old ladies that my wife knows through work some how. So I don't know any of them and they 15 or more years older than my wife and I. Sounds like it will most likely be the most boring trip I have ever gone on..........on my own boat.:ack:

Sounds like I will be at Ghost on Saturday....................but I'm only taking out a few old ladies that my wife knows through work some how. So I don't know any of them and they 15 or more years older than my wife and I. Sounds like it will most likely be the most boring trip I have ever gone on..........on my own boat.:ack:

Hee Hee He :cheers: :coolgleam::cheers:
sorry Aaron:rofl:

lol any day on the lake is better then entertaining older ladies in your living room :cheers: Very good chance I'll be at Ghost Saturday so keep a look out for me too

lee have fun on the lake tmrw and hope you can make it out to our meet on june 13th. :cheers:

Had a great season opener at the coulee yesterday.Got out there at 5pm ,pretty choppy at launch,cut the waves great going to the north end,turned around headed south,and was bouncing on whitecaps all the way back:cuss: The poor dog almost:puke: About 7 after:cheers: on the beach the lake was glass:hurray: Tried a few spinning manuvers and loaded up. Only 2hrs on the water but a great day:)
Rocky,The meet sounds like fun,but I can't confirm anything till the day or 2 before.I'm certainly hoping to go :cheers:

Made it out to Ghost this morning from about 11:00 to 2:00. Windy and a bit rough (nothing that the Utopia or passengers couldn't handle) but still nice to be out on the water.

Lake is still really low with the north ramp still being unusable. If the wind dies I might think about taking the boat out to the Coulee tomorrow.

Aaron I was out at ghost the last two days, once again today I was waiting to launch while I saw your boat getting towed out of the lake, we have to stop timing it like this :cheers: I was tired after the watersports in Ghost yesterday so didn't decide to head out till late today.

Yesterday the water was smooth, some sort of Seaplane training going on since the 5 planes were landing every few minutes. Water temp was 54 yest. and 54.5 today but it felt kinda therapeutic being in the water... didn't shiver at all and stayed in the water for a while before boarding the boat each time :cheers:

May as well share the funny launch story from today... so I was out with a bunch of hot very well educated women. Gave one of them the task once we unload the boat to drive the truck up the ramp and park it with the trailer. I was fairly concerned about the 'point' of WIDE turns with the trailer so she dosen't hit anyone.

After I unhook the boat I hear her ask if she should slam on the gas to get the truck/trailer out of the water, well thank god she did, I quickly yell NO just nice and EASY.

Low and behold last thing on my mind happens..... she puts it in reverse and goes about 4 feet back while my heart just about stopped :rofl: She did a fantastic job with parking once she found Drive though :cheers:

The tranny P R D positions are misleading in my car so it wasn't her fault.. but right after I could just imagine my pepper floating/sinking in the water like the H2 did at Sylvan Lake.

Even though we had very few glimpses of sun today, another great day on the water :)

Yeah till it gets later in the year and the weather gets warmer I tend to be a early on the water, early off the water person.:)

It was a nice sunny day till about 1:00, but then the wind started to drop off as well, so kind of a trade off. Lake was much calmer when we got off. It will be nice when the water level gets up. Not much room at the docks when it is this low. Definitely glad I have a jet. Poor guy that used the dock in front of us was chewing up the bottom pretty good.

Hi gang,
We had thought that the weather was going to nix any boating yesterday as I had a bunch of chores that needed to get done before we could even think about any relaxation but right about 3:00 the clouds broke, and wind died down, and the sun started to warm things up very nicely, so, in the space of about 15 minutes, we were on our way to Gull and were very glad we did. The air was cool so it was not a "high speed" run but we still had a very enjoyable cruise. Much better than Friday night when, although it was a lot warmed, the chop was much higher and made for a very rough ride.

I am looking forward to getting a depth meter installed as we would like to cruise closer to shore but nervous about how shallow Gull is. Any thoughts on the value of getting the air/water temps upgrade?

Heading to Koocanusa Thurs ,coming back Monday or Tues.:hurray:
If anybody 's headed that way,let me know,we could meet up:cheers:

Back