When to rebuild supercharger?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskokamarc

So I bought my machine (2007 Wake Edition 215hp SC) last year around this time and the machine had 175 hours on it. The dealership rebuilt the supercharger before I picked it up and for some reason the hours on the machine were reset and it showed it at 7 hours I think. I'm at 48 hours now...

At how many hours should I have the SC rebuilt?

thanks

There is a supercharger hour reset if that’s what your talking about, 200 hrs is the norm now with the newer rebuild kits. Actual calendar time between rebuilds is not a hard time but most in the know say no more than 3 to 4 years.

I have owned my rxpx from new always serviced at same dealer at 3 years and only 100 hrs I paid the 650 buck to rebuild 17 hrs later it lunched itself and killed motor went back and was advised there was a fault in seadoo rebuilding kit the bearing inner race was turned the wrong way from supplier to brp. After 18 months of back and forwards they agreed to supply parts basically everything except crank linish bores to be honed and valve job. Total rebuild cost $8780 grand I had to pay $5000 of it. My advice is buy a new one.

That’s a very depressing story. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it or preventive maintenance? Hard to believe Sea-Doo didn’t cover the complete cost to fix it. Their dealer and their parts. Do you think it would have made a difference on coverage if you went with a new one and the same thing happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back