What's it worth?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoSeaDoo

Hey guys,
Just fishing for some opinions here: Recently bought a mystery 2003 GTX LTD with the supercharger. It lived in salt it's whole life and didn't run. Guy claimed it was the fuel pump. Well, I went and picked it up for a pretty good price, and found that INDEED it needed a fuel pump. I installed one, I cleaned out the tank, added some good fuel and it fired right up. Aside from the paint salt-peeling off the valve cover and SC, it looks perfect inside. Looks like it's never been taken apart. Runs real good and revs FAST. Only real issue is it had one of those skinny fully digital gauges. The lens cracked, and moisture got inside. I tried to split it to replace the rotten polarizer screen, but cracked the overlay sticker in the process. The cluster is shot. I'm not sure I want to spend $500 to replace it.

Once I realized that the engine and drivetrain are in good shape (even the prop and wear ring looked good), I decided I should sell it instead of use it for parts. It's got some scratches here n there, some fading, seat cover and traction mats need replacing. But otherwise, it seems like a solid ski. I was hoping to get $2k for it. With this cluster busted, what do you think it's worth without a trailer?

There is some bubbling in the gel coat around the foot wells too. But really not too bad from 10' away. Few hundred bux and some elbow grease would really bring this thing back. What could I get for it with a bad gauge cluster?
c382f3846db77726f29ea86348d363cf.jpg
456f27517652841e828bd9c3aa933e69.jpg
7f3aeac548a8307f88dcc68d6e602f0e.jpg

Soooooo can I still get $2k for it? I know the motor alone is with like 1500... I just don't want to go though the parting process

Yes you can get 2K for it. Spring is right around the corner and I would't take a penny less if it has clear and open paperwork. If you water test it to confirm it works properly and get a trailer under it you'll get 3K.

I'd bite the bullet and find a used gauge and add a trailer. You will get all your money back and more for those additions and it will be much easier and faster to sell. Fully working skis sell quickly in the spring in the midwest. FL market is different and lower priced but I'd ask $3200.

interesting idea... I suppose if it doesn't sell, I could always just sell that gauge separately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back