What's a R&D ride plate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up 3 skis today. 2 are 96. 1 is 97.

96 xp all yellow with the R&D plate and some other impeller. 1 96 gsx.....plain Jane. 1 97 gsx, all cut up now.
Clue me in on the R&D plate please.

The center piece is worthless and shouldn't be on the ski. The outer two trim tabs help reduce porposing.

As racer said, mine came just like yours. I removed the center piece like everyone said and never tired it with it on. The side pieces are good and help keep the nose down and it from bouncing at high speeds. If you ride the surf and jump a lot most guys say to go back to the stock plastic ones. I like general ripping around so I left the R&D outer ones alone.

It does. Why do u guys take the middle ride plate extension off? Helps w porpoising, no? I've heard this a number of times but don't know why they did it that way back when they couldn't get the racers off this platform. Just like to know WHY?

The middle piece is not used because it sucks. R&D put it out there for sale but anyone who took the time to test it realized that the middle piece offers no advantage but creates more drag and adds negative handling characteristics. When you let off the throttle and the ski is coming to a stop it will tack back and forth. R&D got with the program and started selling the two outside trim wings by themselves separately.

The middle piece is not used because it sucks. R&D put it out there for sale but anyone who took the time to test it realized that the middle piece offers no advantage but creates more drag and adds negative handling characteristics. When you let off the throttle and the ski is coming to a stop it will tack back and forth. R&D got with the program and started selling the two outside trim wings by themselves separately.

So basically what you are saying Matt is that R&D didn't do enough Research & Development on the part? LOL.

Glad I didn't waste any. I picked the ski up for 250. Has great compression and is in better shape then my other skis. Trim gauge even works.

What's a R&D ride plate

That's all that matters.
The most benefits are from the trim tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to figure out how to bolt it on. I just received the longer 8MX90MM stainless bolts.

Why do I keep getting this from the admin?
There may also be other replies, but you will not receiveany more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back