What would you pay for this 96xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The market is saturated with "junk" jet skis, not good ones. So much junk out there it drags the price of the good ones down. When guys like us get finished going thought our skis... they are top notch and reliable. That's value. My neighbor is cheap and won't pay money for anything. She was determined to buy a jet ski for $800. Well she got one. a 96 GTX that doesn't run? What's that worth. She'll probably need the fuel system gone through and maybe rebuilt carbs. What's that cost? $600??

Got both my kawasaki 750s for 800 w/trailer everything works and compression is solid, went through about a couple tanks on both of them so far, about to refill with oil soon too because they are a blast. Sometimes you just find that good deal. Aside from the small hiccup from a hose bypass to run it out of water, they haven't let me down so far.

Got both my kawasaki 750s for 800 w/trailer everything works and compression is solid, went through about a couple tanks on both of them so far, about to refill with oil soon too because they are a blast. Sometimes you just find that good deal. Aside from the small hiccup from a hose bypass to run it out of water, they haven't let me down so far.

They are kawaturdskis that’s why

And you know this? Nobody is getting asking price? Are you tracking all the sell data on 96' XP 800's? Then why are they listing them so 'high'? Unless they're lying, on the FB seadoo forums I'm seeing them go for over $2K pretty consistently. We're older, we don't think it's a bargain, but the younger crowd is opening the wallet on them.. Like I've said before, walk onto a showroom floor, and all the old 2 strokes seem like a bargain, even at prices we consider high...
They list high so when someone wants to buy for $500-$800 less and the seller says ok then the buyer thinks they got a great discount and the seller got what he REALLY wanted to sell it for. Im asking $1500 for my 96 SPI w trailer thst has low hours n people all day ask for $1000 even down to $800. Ugh

Found this old thread so I figured I'd update. My neighbor asked me to fix her ski, the one she got for $800. The engine is deader than dead. Took me a week to get it apart without destroying it. Gray pudding in the bottom end. Now she's trying to get $1000 for it. No title. Keep dreaming.
Did she pay you $200 n at least buy u a 12pk?

The market is saturated with "junk" jet skis, not good ones. So much junk out there it drags the price of the good ones down. When guys like us get finished going thought our skis... they are top notch and reliable. That's value. My neighbor is cheap and won't pay money for anything. She was determined to buy a jet ski for $800. Well she got one. a 96 GTX that doesn't run? What's that worth. She'll probably need the fuel system gone through and maybe rebuilt carbs. What's that cost? $600??
Did she buy it knowing it didnt run or was lied to n told it runs n didnt bother to test b4 buying. Either way DUMB!! Let me guess-- shes cute n wears low cut shirts but dumb?

Did she buy it knowing it didnt run or was lied to n told it runs n didnt bother to test b4 buying. Either way DUMB!! Let me guess-- shes cute n wears low cut shirts but dumb?

She just didn't listen. Turned out the engine is beyond garbage.

I'm working on a ski right now a guy bought last week and I warned him when he was looking at skis. Told me he had $3k to spend. Ski is in Unbelievably bad condition !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back