What to do???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

stumpotto

I have found a couple of 1997 GTX, 110 HP , Rotax Engine, 3-person with reverse. They are asking $4,800.00 for both of the skis and a tandem trailer. Is this a good buy? He says they run great, but I have not seen them yet. By the pics they look great, but looks can be decieving. Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Stumpotto

Retail Value?

First of all, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here as a new member!

Your question is one we get often so I've got a website I like to go to and get this information. Kellybluebook.com

The suggested retail value on this model and year is #2525.00 each. Mind you, this is in excellent condition.

For any defects you find on the skis, the price goes down. You find a rip in the seat, down about $100.00, etc...I think it would be hard pressed to find a ski in excellent condition at that age. Make sure you ask to do a compression test on the engines. You need to get over 100 psi per cylinder. If he refuses to let you, he has something to hide. If he's telling you there turnkey ready, then he shouldn't mind.

Other than compression, there are a few more things you can look at. Here on the forum, you'll find a thread on tips for buying a used ski. I suggest you print it off and use it as a check sheet. Remember, the retail price is if your buying it from a dealer who has it for resale.

Thanks for your question. Feel free to surf the site!....it has a lot of informaton you can use as a first time buyer.

Back