What other interested do you have?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Banshee

What other hobbies and interest do you guys have? I love riding pwc's, but living in Indiana I can't do it all year long.
My other hobbies include guns, collecting old mowers, chainsaws, my trucks and working on my house.
So what do you guys/gals do on the off season?

I'm in the welding/fabrication business 30 yrs. Since business has slowed this year I keep myself occupied designing/building different fun projects
I just bought an old golf cart for use at the lake in the summer. I 'm looking foward to modifying it over the winter.Rebody,lift kit,wheels and tires,etc.:cheers:

I enjoy working on my SUV and showing it off:hurray: but down here in Ga i can do all year round

Boating, Motorcycles and Cars. I own a Motorcycle website that caters to streetfighters and stunters part time but work down on Wall Street full time.

Really anything with an engine haha

Guns!

Banshee,

What type are you? WWII, modern arms, pistols, shotguns, rifles? Competitions?

Here are some pictures of my other hobbies.

My chainsaws.

100_4142.jpg

100_4027.jpg

100_4051.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

I cut wood for a outdoor burner, so why not make it fun? I have modded saws and old vintage saws. I even race them when I can.

My guns

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Most of my guns are modern. I like the "black" stuff a lot, but due to the crazy prices of ammo. I'm getting into target shooting more and more. Target shooting takes less ammo.

I also collect old mowers, but I think I've posted enough pictures for now.

So you guys who have other hobbies, what about some pictures of what you do? We all like pictures.

few pics of some of my sleds...

1st pic is a 03 polaris indy xc 500, and in the backround u can kinda see my 03 polaris classic
2nd sled is a 00 polaris xc 700

also own a 03 arctic cat zr 600

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P3090254.jpg
    P3090254.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 6
seems like every year i get more and for hobbies. my number 1 and 2 hobbies are boating and snowmobiles. last year i rebuilt a sled from ground up. engine frame work, powdercoating, customizing, etc. this year i get to do my girlfriends. so i guess powdercoating is a hobby, vinyl lettering and graphics, and ive ben remodeling my house for what seems like forever. o and not sure if i should say this or not but this year i learned how to use a sewing machine.

pics: 04 renegde 800ho, before and after, boyesen reeds, cudney clutch kit, new pistons and rings,installed new flying nun, 144 studs, powdercoated control arms, spindles, tunnel rails, and other misc. items, 6" bar risers, custom LED tail light, and a pic of a decal i just made

Attachments

• IMG00061.jpg
    IMG00061.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00150.jpg
    IMG00150.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Copy of IMG00094.jpg
    Copy of IMG00094.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 10
Banshee, How do you like your Carbon 15? Those were the rage a few years back and then they got very inexpensive. I don't think the company is around anymore.....

Banshee, How do you like your Carbon 15? Those were the rage a few years back and then they got very inexpensive. I don't think the company is around anymore.....

Professional Ordanance was the company that first came out with this gun and I had a carbine one and love it. Light accurate, well built. They did have problem with breaking at the barrel nut. But they had a life time warrenty that went with the gun. And yes they were expensive, for an AR's anyway. I gave 1200 for mine carbine and it had a retail of 1800, but the gun shop was tired of it sitting there so have me a huge discount.
Bushmaster bought Professional Ordanance and started making them as Bushmasters, but it's the same gun. They dropped the price way down and will make good on any gun made by Professional Ordanance.
My pistol is the Bushmaster version and it's great, it's made of carbon fiber and metal alloys. Doesn't ever rust and won't need lubed ever. I lube it anyway. It's also very light.
The only down side to these guns are they are very loud. They have a compensator type tip that is way louder than any "birdcage" style tip.

As much as I like the gun and Bushmaster, I wouldn't take it over my Stag built Smith and Wesson AR though.

Computer business. Computer industry at my primary job.

RC cars, RC planes, Camping, boating, etc

Working on cars and fixing stuff any time.
used to have a 71 ford maverick that would run 14.1 at 98mph in the 1/4 but sold it . :(

Lots of guns, but I reload and shoot pistols mostly. Currently shooting Kimber Ultra CDPII in .45 ACP mostly.

Boat (and wakeboarding), jetski, currently working on my dad's motorcycle.

Long time hobbies include surfing, snowboarding when I can, and this...

68.jpg

What a coincidence...2 mavericks in two consecutive posts :reddevil: (good to see you on here Simon:cheers: These pictures will look familiar to you.)

13.jpg

31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of car toys

Here's my other yellow baby:cheers:
supercharged 302 in a 2000# car:eek:

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_2950.jpg
    Resize of IMG_2950.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
I had 2 hobbies, now have 3 hobbies:

Playing on my 3 skis with the grandkids.

Woodworking...fine furniture.

Making sure that I never get Banshee mad at me!!!:eek:

P.S. Banshee do you have knives as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Deer hunting

deer hunting is at the top of my winter hobby list, classic tractor/restoring tractors I farm with my dad in iowa so im a huge tractor fan, dirt track racing, and finally show cattle and yes for those of yoo not from agriculture areas people do show cattle as a hobby

meth

just kidding. i like computers. i do freelance website development and pretty much anything computer related. used to build computers for people. made some money doing that. but im still in college so i am trying not to get into too many hobbies. really into seadoos right now.

British cars

The main job is installing/servicing clean agent fire suppression systems. The hobbies would be riding the 97GTX and the 96 SPX along with the 20' Mariah open bow. Then there is the restoration of Triumph sports cars. We have 4 of them, one for each of us. A 66 spitfire, 63 TR4, 74 TR6 and a 77 spitfire with GT6 running gear.

:cheers:

Spend most of my time working on my car:

DSCF0833-1.jpg

DSCF0844.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

and working out.... and cooking. weird combo i know.

oh and i'm a mechanical engineering student so homework and school are my life. :redface:

Other Hobbies

Pleasure boating, my son is steering, I'm hanging on.

Attachments

• Team Donzi.jpg
    Team Donzi.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 9
When not working or spending time with my family I like to rock out on the bikes... one is a project bike I got wrecked and rebuilt, the other is my baby, 2001R6 that I try to get on the track whenever I can....

Attachments

• P1010774.jpg
    P1010774.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01664.JPG
    DSC01664.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Tomtrack1.jpg
    Tomtrack1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1
Back