What is this piece? 240 EFI Challenger speaker looking thing starboard side.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nenikol23

What is the piece I have circled in green? (see attached photo)
After using my 2000 Challenger for about 2h (mostly stationary in the water) I would have enough water in the engine bay for the bilge to run for about 4-6 minutes at full pressure to get the water out. Is that a lot of water? Do I have a leak somewhere? What are the most common water intrusion points. I did a visual all around and don't see any cracks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.35.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.35.12 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 11
After using my 2000 Challenger for about 2h (mostly stationary in the water) I would have enough water in the engine bay for the bilge to run for about 4-6 minutes at full pressure to get the water out. Is that a lot of water? Do I have a leak somewhere? What are the most common water intrusion points. I did a visual all around and don't see any cracks...
Hello,
The item you have circled in the photo is your horn.
You might be leaking from the rubber boots that your forward/reverse and steering cables are sent thru hull in.
Mike

I agree with MD. That is the required horn. Not the best design. Choppy water and spray from starboard and the horn can fill with water.

Yes, that is a lot of water.
You may have a leak in the rubber ring where the pump casting meets the fiberglass hull. The boat needs to be in the water to check for leaks. Even looking for cracks. Captain Obvious would ask "Are the drain plugs installed and tight?"

When you say "where the pump casting meets the fiberglass hull" do you refer to essentially the bottom of the hull in the engine bay where the whole powerhead sits?

Drain plugs: the seals for the drain plug housings are brittle, I will either replace the whole thing if I find the correct parts or alternatively put 100% silicone around to eliminate that water infiltration possibility.

Last edited:
When you say "where the pump casting meets the fiberglass hull" do you refer to essentially the bottom of the hull in the engine bay where the whole powerhead sits?

Drain plugs: the seals for the drain plug housings are brittle, I will either replace the whole thing if I find the correct parts or alternatively put 100% silicone around to eliminate that water infiltration possibility.

Yes, the very bottom, where jet casting meets fiberglass.

There is also a casting under the engine that has been known to corrode thru leaking into the bilge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back