What is this? 96 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ndy

Just observed that on coming home that there is a small hole in the left side of my 96 speedster, more or less opposite the fuel breather on the other side. Never noticed this before but presume there was some sort of fitting which has dropped off.
Internally I can find a length of clear plastic tubing, but not connected at either end which may have come from this fitting.

Can anyone tell me what this was? Can't find any hints in the manuals.

Thanks Lou,
I still have what looks to be a fuel vent on exactly the other (right) side of the boat. This hole is on the left, and the scrap of clear tubing I found in the bilge in this area (about 2 feet long) is much lighter than the fuel vent line; looks to be about 1/4" dia, and has parts of broken fittings on each end with a non-return valve or something similar in line. It is secured to the bottom of the boat with a self adhesive block and cable tie. Could post a picture of the side of the boat if I knew how!
Andy

I've just attached a picture of the tubing which was secured to the bottom of the boat, forward of the batteries. Does anyone recognize this??

Attachments

• whatisthis.jpg
    whatisthis.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going from memory, sold my 96 Speedster at the begining of the year. It should be the vent lines for the batteries. If you converted over to a regular battery vs the little jet ski batteries you can just leave it hanging there. Nothing has fallen off, there isn't a cover like on the fuel vent.

I don't think it's a battery vent because it has a check valve, it's either a fuel vent line or possibly an oil tank vent line.

Lou

Gentlemen,
Between you I think you've got it. When I look closer at the batteries, each now has a vent tube which simply runs down into the bilge.
At some point the batteries have been replaced and the vent system was never reconnected to the external vent. Incidentally Lou, manual does show a non-return valve in this line to prevent water from reaching the batteries.
For safety's sake I'll repair and reconnect this; thank you both for your assistance.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back