What is the safest oil level

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryG

I just got a 02 GTX RFI and it didn't take long to run through the rest of the gallon of oil the last owner gave me. The oil resevoir in the ski is mostly full, with a little room at the top. Is that safe to run the ski? I know the manual says that the oil should be topped off about an inch or so from the top of the oil tube, but my order for new oil won't be in until next week and I would like to take the ski out this weekend. Is it alright to use? It sad that its actually cheaper for me to ship 3 gallons of oil across the US then it is to drive to my closest seadoo dealer with their jacked up oil prices.

Oil Level

You should be O.K., I recently drained my oil tank, and switched to another oil, I was amazed how much oil was still in the tank. It took almost 5 quarts to refil the tank. So even if you are down to a half tank of oil you still have 2-3 quarts left. I add about less than a quart of oil every other fill up, about 20-22 gals. of gas.

I know what you mean, the local SeaDoo dealer here charges $80.00 per gal. and it's not even SeaDoo oil, (he says its the same thing). I switched to Quicksilver PWC mineral oil.

Have fun, I'm going to the lake tomorrow also.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back