What is the difference in 2012 vs 2016 GTI 130?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kunzman

I've noticed that BRP now recommends 50 hours for service. See picture below. My 2012 specified service at 25 hours. What have they done differently? BTW, I changed the oil myself at 18 hours. Now at 36 hours the stupid maintenance indicator has been on for last 11 hours. Hate to pay stealer money to turn it off.

4.png

I am afraid they are doing to the GTI 130 what they did for the supercharged Sea Doos.
They changed the sc maintenance period to 200 hrs from 100 hrs even though their was no change in the build because it was hurting sales . For me after talking to my BRP guy plan to change the oil every 100 hrs and do the pump maintenance at 200 hrs . I am at 240 hrs right now on my 11 month old GTI 130 and all is good . Also unlike cars , BRP does not have regular vs severer service intervals so if you for example don't purposely send your pwc into orbit in the salt water full Ocean than that should also be a factor . As far as differences . I think the newer ones have this black wing like thing on the front lid to make for a dry ride and different grips with a palm rest .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back