What is the best way to check bailers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

normr

I pulled my bailers on my 2000'Seadoo GTX RFI, because I had some gobs of oil and grease in the bilge and found that a lot of the holes were plugged with gunk, so I used a pipe cleaner to cleaner then outi and flushed the bilge, I'm afraid that some of it may have clogged the tubes too, what is the best way to check to see if they are working correctly.

Thanks in advance

at the beginning of every season, i take the bailers and hoses out n clean them,inside n out( i clean the entire inside of the ski too).i use super clean. blow air thru the lines and remember to inspect for the tubes hanging down in the jet nozzle,just in front of the turning nozzle.if the tubes are not there,the bailers will pressure and will become boat fillers!!

X2 on the above. Just to add the elbows have a small hole in them to create vacuum. Make sure they are not plugged up.

please please, do not throw them in the dishwasher to clean them.

My wife was angry with me for a week

After I tried that pregnant idea, I would just pop them from under the little bracket and blast them for a couple seconds with the pressure washer and figured i'd know if they were clear if I had a dry hull after the next ride.

I'll try some of this new incredible cleaner I found

please please, do not throw them in the dishwasher to clean them.

My wife was angry with me for a week

After I tried that pregnant idea, I would just pop them from under the little bracket and blast them for a couple seconds with the pressure washer and figured i'd know if they were clear if I had a dry hull after the next ride.

Thanks for the sage advise, my girlfriend would go ballistic if I threw them in the dishwasher, she goes nuts just when I put my coffee cup in there and don't rinse it out well first,

I found some terrific cleaner for boats and mobile homes, it's called Z-Tuff cleaner, the stuff is amazing, it's probably the best stuff I've ever used and its eco friendly, I found it at Mobile Home Depot when I was looking for some cleaner for my siding that had all these dead bug marks all over the white siding, I sprayed the stuff on and it instantly started working and when I went on their website learned it was great for boats, here is their website (http://www.ztuffproducts.com)

FWIW, I still slip some stuff into the DWasher but only when the wife will be at work all day and I have time to remove the evidence.

Its quite rare to find a bailer that's not at least a little disgusting, water and oil sludge tend to migrate their way into that little slot and sit there for long spells. Use a pressure washer and some of that cleaner (or superclean/purplepower) to get as much crap out of the bilge as possible before re-installing or they will gradually sludge up again. I tend to think that slow oil leaks from grommets, and grease from under the PTO cover contribute to overall dirt/sludge issues. Impossible to get all the dirt out unless the engine is out so just do the best you can. When the hull is empty (engine/fuel tank removed) its quite shocking to see just how much crap accumulates.

Also the little brackets that hold them down never quite seem to bend all the way back into the original position if you put the bailer back then bend it down it never fits snugly, you kind of have to overbend them down, then slide the bailer under forcing them up a bit for a snug fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...Castrol SuperClean is your friend here. Just pop off the bailers, spray them down liberally with SuperClean, then blast them with a spray of warm/hot water. I use the sprayer on my kitchen sink because, well...I'm the man of the house and frankly, the wife knows not to question what I do, lol!
And yeah, these things get disgusting with 'bilge goo'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back