What hose to I clamp if I need to be towed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

byebye

I hope it never happens, but if it does - I understand that you need to clamp a hose somewhere when being towed over a certain speed to prevent water from getting into the engine. Can anyone tell me where that hose is - I have a 2004 155 sportster single engine.

Last edited:
The line coming from the pump to the exhaust manifold. Usually a 3/4" line on the underside of the front of the manifold. Or the link exiting the manifold going into the exhaust towards the muffler.

THANK YOU and I apologize for the delay, work has been crazy.

I'm afraid I'm not that mechanically inclined. What you said;

The line coming from the pump to the exhaust manifold. Usually a 3/4" line on the underside of the front of the manifold. Or the link exiting the manifold going into the exhaust towards the muffler.

What I heard o_O

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

If possible & you have a moment, can you draw an arrow on this pic to the hose that should be clamped off?IMG_0170.JPG

Here it is from the other side;
IMG_0175.JPG

I believe it's the larger hose with the red arrow. It should attach under the front underside of the exhaust manifold (log) circled in yellow.
hose.jpg

You can clamp the hose coming from the exhaust manifold, it is unlikely that the mainfold will have an leaks. On my PWC this hose has a red band around it to indicate where to clamp. I installed shutoff valves in this location.

hose to clamp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back