What do you think

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerhellfire

Ok I took my 1997 seadoo XP into the dealership and had some repair work done, what happend is my engine mount on the bottom came loose and the engine shifted which caused the drive tran to get damaged, they replaced the engine mount, bunch of bolts, the drive tran plate and some other things Iam looking at a 1250 dollor bill. My ? is...is this normal seems like a hell of a bill granted they had to take the engine out and backend. Is this damage gona happen alot should I except to pay these outragious bills everytime somthing happens? Let me know what you think I never had repair work done on a jet ski befor and jus looking at typical cost I guess.

Repair bill

You need to be more specific on what parts were replaced, the price of the parts and the price of the labor. There are alot more driveline parts on a 97 XP than there are on other SeaDoo models and they're harder for the mechanic to access.
DAWG

You can ask to look at all of the broken parts as well, I know it sounds like a dick move, but they have to provide them to you if you ask for them. This way you can see what parts they changed out, and if they match whats on the invoice.

yeah I hear ya the seadoo is mint had like no hours on it so it's worth getting it fixed but yeah it sucks thats a hefty bill. Thats a good idea Iam gona call them tomarow and make sure they have all the damaged parts together.

boating is a money pit! but its damn fun, to answer your question, yes, your going to have to expect those prices at stealerships when you take them there, they find anyway to roast you. I suggest you become handy with tools and do some reading on this site to avoid another purchase like that my friend, my jaw dropped when i saw that price, knowing that atleast 60 percent of that went to labour.
:cheers:

Cam

yeah never again will I pay that they said I think 700 bucks was labor alone. But again I really didint know what was going on with it and taking the engine out and the back trans out....yikes thats a job I dont want to do atleast right now.

Yea i understand mate, i guess that would of been a pretty complicated prob and i know i wouldnt of known what the heck to do.
:cheers:

Dealers get $65/hr... or more for labor. engine out/in... pump out/in... thats 4 hours. parts at full retail (drive shaft, mount, shims, impeller, wear ring, bearings, seals) ... and time to rebuild the pump... yup... $1000 or more sounds right. The dealer is there to make money... and they aren't doing you any favors.

First... you need to learn to work on your own stuff. Second... you needed to get an estimate. Third... you should have just parted out that seadoo, and bought a replacement PWC.

Seadoo's are very reliable, but you have to remember... you are playing with a 13 year old toy, and things may break.

Dealer here in FT. Myers FL. gets $98.00 / hr. and according to them every jet pump housing and impeller that SeaDoo ever made needs to be replaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAWG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back