What cover do you guys suggest for 96 xp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt1350

Hey guys I just picked up a 96xp a couple weeks ago and I would like to purchase a cover for it. The seadoo brand covers seem to be ridiculously expensive. I was considering a wave gear brand cover from amazon. Does anybody have an experience with these, or advice on what I should get? Thanks

Poppy is probably the best cover going, if your ski is stored outside use the poppy. They're expensive but worth it.

http://www.poppycompany.com/

Personally my ski's are stored inside or under cover, and I just use a cheap cover, from EBay, just to keep the dust off.

Lou

I prefer the OEM covers, I've had a couple, but when I sold my X4's I sold the covers (seperately)

Poppy, very pricey, but I've been told they are very good.

I'd just shop for a good used one, they shouldn't run more than $70ish + $10 shipping. (I think I sold my two oem's in the $60 range)

there are a few new ones (non oem) for under $80 shipped, although i'm not familiar with the brand.

if you need a generic basic (thin) one just to get bye, I have one that came with a GSX that will be too big but at least you'll be covered in the back yard. I think it will fit in a $5 flat rate, so It would run you $20 shipped.

52.jpg

I have bought some from thecoverstore.com , not form fitting but seem to be of good material for the price, they have inexpensive to expensive covers, might be worth checking out. I will say that spim's offer sounds excellant, can't beat that price.

Poppy all the way. I found one(poppy) at a camper online store that was supposed to have the camper store logo on it that was cheaper.....but it didn't have the logo. Just a plain stock poppy. Love it!!! Tows amazing with zero flap. I store mine inside and still use it.

Poppy covers are great. I have bought 4-5 for different seadoos over the years and have always been
very impressed with fit and towing ease. Highly recommend.

Hey guys I just picked up a 96xp a couple weeks ago and I would like to purchase a cover for it. The seadoo brand covers seem to be ridiculously expensive. I was considering a wave gear brand cover from amazon. Does anybody have an experience with these, or advice on what I should get? Thanks

go with Poppycovers. Tell Terri that you are a member of SDF and she will give you something off the price.....sometimes free shipping or sometimes 10% off, they have a $5 coupon on their website but you can do better than just $5 off.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I am going to look for a good condition used oem cover. My brother is also looking for a cover as well for another x4 hull. (anybody who may have 1 or 2 for sale feel free to pm). Otherwise I may look into a poppy. ⬆️Thank you for the link to the camping site above.

And thankyou for the offer spimothy, but unfortunately I have to store the boat outside in the michigan winter weather. So I need something heavier duty

If you're looking for a used OEM, since they are twice the price of a Poppy, you may find that
a used one is a few dollars away from a new Poppy. In that case go for the Poppy. You won't be
disappointed.

I prefer the OEM covers, I've had a couple, but when I sold my X4's I sold the covers (seperately)

if you need a generic basic (thin) one just to get bye, I have one that came with a GSX that will be too big but at least you'll be covered in the back yard. I think it will fit in a $5 flat rate, so It would run you $20 shipped.

Hey, I'll take that cover off your hands; need a good 'dust cover' for the garage for the GSX project I just got. perfect timing. how do we make it happen?

Just wanted to let everybody know that I decided to go with the poppy covers. I just received them yesterday and put them on. I will say I am very pleased with the fit and quality of the covers, not to mention they're 100% made in the USA. The only thing I didn't care for was that the only color you can get them in is 2 tone grey, but that's not a big deal. I contacted Terri prior to ordering as SEADOO BUDDY suggested above and told her I wanted to purchase 2 covers. She was able to sweeten the deal a little for me. I'm glad I listened to all the members tellingme to go the poppy route and I would recommend them to anybody looking for a cover in the future.

Make sure you make the adjustments per the instructions if you plan to tow with them. I did that to mine and it fits so well it hardly moves during towing. LOVE IT!

Make sure you make the adjustments per the instructions if you plan to tow with them. I did that to mine and it fits so well it hardly moves during towing. LOVE IT!

seems like you made the right choice - a guy I met down at the local docks just got one. I asked him about it since I will be looking soon. Funny too because he said it was the best compared to others he's had and he said he had a bit of an issue with towing until he did something but I don't know what - perhaps some adjustments as mentioned here.

For those who have the Poppy cover for their X4, do you have the single gauge hood, or hoods with mirrors? I have two 1995 XP800's and I want to get covers for them, but I can't seem to find a cover that does not have the pockets for the mirrors. I assume that those mirror pockets will flap around like crazy while towing?

For those who have the Poppy cover for their X4, do you have the single gauge hood, or hoods with mirrors? I have two 1995 XP800's and I want to get covers for them, but I can't seem to find a cover that does not have the pockets for the mirrors. I assume that those mirror pockets will flap around like crazy while towing?

I have 2 95 XP800s and I use the poppy covers for the 96XP. Just have to deal with the mirror pockets.

I'm also of the school of not using a cover when towing my skis so that isn't a big deal.

I have 2 95 XP800s and I use the poppy covers for the 96XP. Just have to deal with the mirror pockets.

I'm also of the school of not using a cover when towing my skis so that isn't a big deal.

Good to know. I haven't towed my skis with a cover on before either (My boat, I almost always have the cover on though). I actually drive home with the seats off the skis to help them air out on the way home (helps cut back on the condensation and what not while they cool off). I was just curious about the mirror pockets just in case I decided to try towing with the covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back