what can I do for a 96 hx sea doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean "get more out of"? Are you trying to get more top speed or better handling? Manual drop trim lever would be excellent for improving hole shot performance.

Change out 717 for a 787 - and that is not for the faint at heart as the 800 is a BIG motor to cram in there.

You could also get a new venturi/nozzle set up.

thank you I really appreciate all the advice.
My sea doo handles really great,i mean i gotthe thing for 500 bucks and it has no problems and the stickers even look new so im not complaining one bit.
I think I am looking for top end speed, does anyone know what a 717 will do

I'll give you $500buks, take it off your hands, with 717, 45ish.....yah, sell it to me, and get bigger ski.......$500bones...NICE, do the preventative,..plugs, oil, flush system when done...etc...:cheers:

787 for 717? JP, do they interchange? i looked at my 787 SPX and all my 717 or smaller skis. the 787 uses completely different mounts, no bed plate at all. the fiberglass inside hull is a different shape where 787 front mount goes. or am i missing something. as to the HX, it isn't a terribly fast ski. it is small, but made to turn. more like a motocross bike. it had a racing class for HX's only, and a lot of performance mods were done to them. most of the perf stuff for 717's came from racing HX's. but they were tight courses. nobody was screaming down the back straightaway at 80.

Last edited by a moderator:
52 mph top speed for $500. Pfft....you got a smoking deal.

Seriously, for big speed, you need to be prepared to spend A LOT more than $500......perhaps even spend more than the $1800 book value of the boat.

There is NOTHING easy about cramming a 787 in there. But it has been done before.

The reality is that a 717 is topped out at 85hp......you aren't going to get a lot more than that with simple bolt-ons.

the one i wanna try is a 951 motor in an x4 hull. they don't look much different externally than a 787.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back