What Amsoil oil to run?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sthor

This may be a very specific question but I am an Amsoil guy and run it in pretty much everything I own. I would like to run It in my 2017 GTI SE130. The Sea-Doo manual recommends using a motor cycle oil formulated for wet clutches and meeting both API service classification SL, SJ, SM, or SN and JASO MA2. Amsoil recommendation for my ski is their 10W40 Marine oil but it does not say anything about wet clutches or MA2 classification in the description. I emailed Amsoil but got a very vague answer telling me the marine oil is formulated for the sea-doo. I am fine using that oil but I wanted a little more explanation on weather or not it meets Sea-Doo’s recommendation or if I should I run a motorcycle oil formulated for wet clutches? Does anyone have experience with running Amsoil in their Sea-Doo? What do you run and why? Thank you in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. Amzoil people wouldn't know that the supercharged seadoo had a clutch of some sort in it. I think I'm going to try the Motorcycle one as it doesn't have friction modifiers which is what Seadoo says is required.

Supercharged engines like 10w 40, but they do not like synthetic engine oil . It has to do with the friction washers in supercharger .

Supercharged engines like 10w 40, but they do not like synthetic engine oil . It has to do with the friction washers in supercharger .

Early on, your statement was the norm. However, MANY synthetic oils are specifically design for friction clutch applications. Most of the Motor Cycle oil is due to the high RPMs that those engines run.

All I use is full synthetic oil and I have zero issues. Again, it just needs to be designed for friction clutch applications.

That’s what I was thinking. I’m going to try and find that Amzoil for motorcycles. It doesn’t have friction modifiers and shouldn’t affect the friction washers. It supposed to have good anti foaming which should help high rev engines. Anyway, the new recommended oil for supercharged seadoos is now a semi synthetic.

Anyway, the new recommended oil for supercharged seadoos is now a semi synthetic.

By the manual, you are correct, that said, many dealers only stock one bulk oil and it is fully synthetic that is safe for the clutches in the SC. This way they can put the oil in any ski and not be concerned. I run the exact same oil in my GTX 155 and my RXT-X 255.

Seems to be some people missing the point. You _don't_ have wet clutches! You don't have an S/C on a 130 so any high quality oil is fine. In my 215 I run Amsoil syn for motorcycles which is a wet clutch application. I question the whole wet clutch deal as motorcycle transmission clutches run in the engine oil and use multiple plates of actual clutch friction material. A SeaDoo has a series of (now) metal washers, far from organic clutch material. None the less, no S/C = no wet clutch in the motor at all, just a conventional motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back