Well Im a Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasngo

Well after finding a loose stator causing not only charging issue but performance problems I installed a good used front cover with stator. Buttoned everything up and it ran great. I post this earlier now I realized I left out the oil pump drive I feel like a meathead. Im sure that was the reason for power loss. I was so happy with myself. It starts and runs but I need to pull the head and inspect AAAAARRRRRGGGGG

I wish you well on that as it doesn't sound good. Depending on the model ski... you could just go to Premix. :D

Well looks like I got lucky. The stator Cyl. is smooth other than some heat color and the PTO side has what Im hoping for is mild scratch's. I have been taking things apart and putting them back together all my life and have made a few mistakes but I guess getting older and maybe a distraction or two got me off my game. Its summer time I would rather be riding but looks so far anyways Ill be hone this out. Ill keep it updated.

Well been on a mission to get my Porsche running so jet ski set aside. Now time to get it going.
?1 2003 GTI LE RFI 787 also know as a 800?
?2 Standard bore 82 mm which looks to be what I have.
?3 How are feelings for Pro X Pistons.
?4 Over size options are .25 mm .50 mm .75mm & 1.00mm I dont think Ill need anymore than .25 maybe .50.
I have done some reading on this but I thought I would ask the crew.
?5 Gasket kits anyone better than others knowing OE would be the best.
I also know that Seadoo pistons only go to .25 unless something has changed.

Final notes I hope everybody has been well. Its been a little rough around here but surviving.

Thanks Brad

Pro X are great and your machine shop will tell you the size needed to clean up the bores.
For seals you can't beat OEM. Gaskets OEM then Cometic and WSM.

Good to hear. Ill advise them what sizing options are available and Ill order what I need. Im a little frustrated with my self because I know better than to let things go to long. I have some moisture in the bottom end and some flash rust on the crank. Also some sand particles in one of the water jacket bases that might have fallen into the bottom end while pulling it apart. So time to decide break it all the way down or do a in depth inspection to include rinsing the bottom end upside down over a clean surface and inspect for particulates. Ill keep things active as the come together. I did send the injectors out for clean although the ski ran good just easy enough since there's a outfit in San Antonio that does it.

Good morning again thanks for the input Im 15 minutes late getting out the door but RFI LE GTI 787 I have a 6 hole base gasket. I know theres some math required but I thought I would ask the supply house to throw in a 4 hole gasket if I can get it alone. I have read do's and don'ts but I thought I would bring it up. I believe I read a old post where miki said they switch one out on a ski over at GK and it really woke up the ski. Or am I getting all I can get. I would like to see a little UMPH out of it. Got to get check back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back