Wear Rings & Debris

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLSeadoo1

I sucked up what looked like a small piece of plastic last weekend. I killed the motor and limped home. I was able to free the debris and when I started the engine, the remaining small pieces ejected out. Please look at the attached photos and tell me if you think I did damage to the wear ring and if I should replace it. The boat is a 2010 Challenger 210SE that I just got brand new. It is the starboard wear ring. It has 5 hours on it.

Thanks

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• SNC14376.jpg
    SNC14376.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 54
  • SNC14375.jpg
    SNC14375.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 51
  • SNC14369.jpg
    SNC14369.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 56
All rings have small grooves and rings in them. These don't appear to be extreme and do not look to be that bad. This ring looks the same as the opposite one and that side is running fine. What are your thoughts?

Looking at a pic isnt gonna tell you a whole lot. Yeah it has some grooves, but not many wear rings looks spotless. It looks decent to me. Take it out and see how it behaves. Nail it from an idle and see if it cavitates. Then try it again like you normally would. If you can live with it, dont worry about it. If it bothers you, replace it. You arent going to do any more damage running it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back