wear ring problem please help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

winboy

hi i have a 2007 gti se (155 hp) about 23hrs .i had a small branch in my impeller and it used my wear ring,so i want to the dealer to change the wear ring because i did not have the tool for the impeller. i put the turbine back on my seaddo and after 1 ride i had no take off. took the turbine off again and the wear ring was damage again,the dealer change the wear ring again and they say it fine but it seem that the impeller is not center ,i have 0.98 inch clearence on one side and the other side is .05 inch im not sure if the impeller is not center but the dealer seem to say its ok .the fist time its the impeller itself that gruve the wear ring ,does anyone knows if the impeller as to be perfect center in the wear ring and i know maximume clearence is 1.04inch but what is the minimum clearence.
thanx a milion guys

I'm no expert but the impeller should be centered. It sounds to me like the impeller shaft is bent or damaged? Or even possibly the pump is not bolted up square to the housing. A good dealer should be able to tell without much effort. I take it you took the pump to the dealer and had them change the wear ring and then you put the pump back on? If so did you lose and shims at the hull connection? I'm sure someone who is much more knowledgable than me will help you out, this board rocks!

thanx

i only brouth the impeller housing ,the pump is all appart its not back on the seadoo and whit a filler gadge i mesure the impeller and it not perfect center but the dealler said that it should be ok ,they told me if the impeller srub on the wear ring again ,it would probebly be the impeller itself thant is not ok ,does someone knows if the impeller need to be perficly center or there is a small margin acceptable,i dont whant to change the impeller for nothing (300$) and i dont whant to damadge the wear ring again ,im realy wondering ,the dealer said it would be ok but im not sure .
i need you guys i know that you are good

the impeller usally has a pretty tight clearance. but it should be the same gap all the way around. If not, then the impeller shaft in prolly bent or the housing is not squared up. I am not sure of the wear ring clearance, but im sure somebody will chime in on it.

i finally found out that my housing is damadge ,that is why my impeller is not perficly center,the impeller is ok and the shaft is ok,i will try it whit the bad housing since my wear ring is new and the impeller is curantly not rubing on the wear ring but i have a felling i will need to order a housing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back