Wear Ring Disassmbly Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kap258

Does anyone know how long the threads are on the M8x110 bolt that goes through reverse gate support, venturi, and out the impeller housing? I cannot get them out. They are seized. I have tried heat and I am wondering if I drill the head off will I be able to get the reverse gate support off then the venturi.Once off I figures I would drill what is left out and re tap.

have you stripped the allen head of the bolt? I would pull the pump off with the venturi still attached and get it on the bench to heat it up and try getting it out, if you have it stripped or broke the head off then I suppose you could try drilling it out but I hate drilling stainless, usually if I have a seized or broken stainless bolt I use welding rod used for extraction, I can't remember the name of it but I will try to get the name of it, it is a arc welding rod that you can use to build up the material on the end of the bolt or stud to grab onto it with a pair of vide grips, because of the heat from welding the fastener usually spins right out, I use it on broken manifold bolts on 720 and 657 engines and rear pipe mount bolts on 947 engines.

I would recommend spraying some Kroil or 50/50 acetone ATF mixture near where the threads meet the pump for several days. Then if you mess up the bolt head, you can try an extractor to grab hold of the hex head. or go into the stripped out allen head hole.

This happened to our boat last year and while it took several days of oil applications and test tries to remove, it finally came out. Had to use these extractors to do so.

male extractor.jpg

It has been removed off boat. I have used heat with no luck. The Allen heads stripped very quickly. I have started drilling them out with electric drill, but not happy with it. Afraid I was going to get it crooked, so I went and bought a drill press. Hopefully I will have time to work on it this evening. Nothing on this boat fix has been easy. Just one corroded and seized bolt after another. I guess that is the price you pay for all the hours of fun we have enjoyed on it.

here is a pic of what I use, if I have fasteners broken down inside a hole you can build up the weld until you get it past the top of the hole to grab onto it, the heat is what really helps to get it out.IMG_1472.JPG

Post a pic of what you are working with if you can. To answer your original question, I believe those bolts are like 6" long.

I get it from the local welding supply company.
great post of the video briancayko!
I don't usually weld nuts to remove the fasteners, I just build the weld up by almost like spot welding it to have it come out of the fastener hole enough to grab onto it with visegrips when it is still hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back