water outlet pipe quick connect 97 GSX 800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keenerboy

Hey there just curious if this outlet (where you connect the garden hose) needs to be open when the machine is running in the lake. Is it part of the propulsion system when in the water.
I have a quick connect adapter for flushing with a'n on off valve so wondering if it needs to be open sucking water during operation. Or maybe even completely removed.
I've inserted a picture below. Not mine but you can see what I'm referring to.
Thanks,

sea doo water outlet.jpg

That location is where the cooling water exits the hull. It must be open. I see a lot of people leave the flush adapter in the threaded hole but I don't like that if it has a smaller dia hole on the inside then the engineers planned on. When you flush with the hose it's a back flush of the system with the water coming out the pump instead of it coming from the pump.

That location is where the cooling water exits the hull. It must be open. I see a lot of people leave the flush adapter in the threaded hole but I don't like that if it has a smaller dia hole on the inside then the engineers planned on. When you flush with the hose it's a back flush of the system with the water coming out the pump instead of it coming from the pump.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated

Long as the adapter on the ski is the male end which is always opened like mine as the female side is on my hose which needs to be depressed to flow water.

Top is on my hose, Bottom one is always mounted to my ski
1562685376857.png

Just be careful with the adaptor as that is actually a calibrated fitting on the ski to only let a set amount of water out. If you restrict the flow it could cause a cooling issue.

Just be careful with the adaptor as that is actually a calibrated fitting on the ski to only let a set amount of water out. If you restrict the flow it could cause a cooling issue.
good to know - i watched the engine temp and it stayed within 10* from water temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back