Water in the hull 04 rxp 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3262bk

Hi all I have a 04 rxp 215 and recently put a free flow pipe on it and the last time I took it out all seemed to be well. So without further ado I left the ski parked in the water overnight at the resort I was staying at. The next morning I go to do my preride check only to discover that there is about an inch or 2 of water inside the hull immediately I'm panicked so I pull the ski out of the water and let the water drain and put the ski back in the water and didn't see any water leaking in. So is this normal to have that amount of water in the hull after leaving sit overnight or should I be more concerned?

Your carbon seal may be wearing. Generally, leaving a Seadoo in water the seal often allows water in. So much so, that with their boats Seadoo recommends you do NOT leave the boat in the water.

+1 on carbon seal. Also check for water coming in thru you're OPAS block offs if its a thru hull you installed. Or the thru hull itself. Most people use gasket maker instead of the rubber ring.

+1 on all comments,
Carbon seal or other thru hull connections.
Assuming your 100% certain it was dry when you left it there.
I rarely leave mine on the water overnight, to me the potential risk outweighs the convenience. But i've certainly left it for 3 hours before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back