Water getting in intake bogging me down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemopar

I recently got a 04 RXP with the stage 1 installed. The intake being low in the hull and in front of the motor seems to suck in water when I bury the nose thus bogging me down for about a 1/4 mile before it clears. I thought of extending the intake up higher but before I do that and ideas to correct??

Thanks
Mike

You must have serious hull seal issues. Do you run with the storage bucket in? How about the large plastic vent duct under the steering column?

I recently got a 04 RXP with the stage 1 installed. The intake being low in the hull and in front of the motor seems to suck in water when I bury the nose thus bogging me down for about a 1/4 mile before it clears. I thought of extending the intake up higher but before I do that and ideas to correct??

Thanks
Mike

It is a Riva Stage 1 setup which sets lower in the hull than a stock intake.

I know literally hundreds of people who run the air intake in that same location and further forward with no vent tubes or storage bucket and they will not ingest water unless there's a hull sealing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back