Water entry only at high speed in GTX Limited 260 IS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleares

Dear forum,

first of all sorry for my bad english. I am from germany and living since 6 years at Mallorca on the Illes Baleares (Salt water).

My Seadoo GTX Limited 260 IS (with suspension) is now the third time running full with water and was already 2 times for 8 hours in two workshops and no can find the fault.

The problem occurs only at high speeds and when this is held. Straight on at very little wave and 70mph holding or last time even at approximately 55mph accelerating. Then a sudden jerk, as if someone were kicking against a chair on which one sits. The jet ski is losing its speed and the throttle speed is high, but there is very little acceleration. During the gas also water running into the vehicle. At this time almost half of the jet ski is full of water. If I now switch off the engine, NO water runs into the jetski. I then opened the jet ski while driving and filmed in the engine compartment during an acrobatic maneuver. The engine jerks very hard at the acceleration.
[video=youtube_share;cVRDU1sMWF4]https://youtu.be/cVRDU1sMWF4[/video]

Now the funny ... At land I opened the taps and let the water run out. I pushed him back into the water and everything works well, until I drive fast again.

The gear rings have already been changed and the engine mounts have been checked. They tried to lift the engine with the crane and this seems to be bomb-resistant. The guys had thought that the engine would raise with a lot of resistance, thereby creating a gap where then suddenly the water could go.

Maybe someone had already the problem or an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back