FOR SALE WARNING Daniel Victor Edery Ripoff/ fraud watch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
this is the address i have on file for him. i think its a little motel
pro formance inc.
1303 lakeshore rd east
mississauga, on

Thats a PO box. He has another add in kijiji. look through the posts even his suppliers know what he is doing because people have contacted them. This guy cannot be trusted. Everyone should contact kijiji to let them know how this guy operates.

Yup, and I have been involved in racing in Canada since mid 90' s and have NEVER heard of him on the circuit.

I do seadoo repairs in the east end of Toronto, I have had 4 people bring me seadoo's this summer that they had purchased from him. All 4 did not run right from from day they got them. He will keep ripping people off because he sell them cheep ( 500-800 less) not a great deal when you then have to spend 1000- 1500 to get it to run.

The parts suppliers know him but it not there fault he is still in business. People sell there problems on kijiji he buys them up and sell them to people that are new to the sport and don't know any better.

This scumbag is living at 60 brittania rd east[Studio 6]. I followed him and I saw many of his seadoosand boatsin the back of the building.
Time to get my money back.

He is still active. new add 1471845300 for a 98 GTX

pics are taken a t a pressure washer so assuming he is no longer at his shop near 401 and dixon

Hi everyone,
I also got scammed by Daniel Edery back in 2012 while he was operating from Montréal. Sorry to hear he is still at it.

I have a court jugement against him to either refund or repair...(Cour du Québec, Petite créances, 550-32-021144-131). I returned the Sporster he sold me for repair...and he stole it !!!

To those of you who consider getting even in person...Be carefull...the guy is armed.

WELL it's almost seadoo season again and we will be seeing more people getting ripped off by this guy. Don't give him your seadoo or it will be gone for ever. Cops can't touch him because its civil and very difficult to prove fraud. If you do get a judgement you will never see the money. He will continue until he rips off the wrong person and he ends up in hospital or worse. Don't buy a seadoo unless you test drive it first or at least are given the option to. But if your seeing this it's most likly to late.

Hi guys I to have purchased from this guy. I'm pretty sure I've been scammed as well but skis have not been in the water yet.
So here is my story .... Mid November I answered a ad for a 97 gtx 800cc $2000$ with trailer. Like anyone else, thought good off season deal, claiming top end rebuild tested runs great. Winterized for the season. And as stated on here I heard all the same stories, ex racer, buys, rebuilds, sells skis, has a wife and kid in Florida bla bla bla ..
He asked for etransfer of 500$ if I remember correctly. I said no!! I send no deposits without product. So I'm from Caledonia ont we agreed on meeting in West Hamilton just off the 403. It looked good, you can see new gaskets on the top end. But he said we couldn't fire it up because it's winterized. I should of seen the light when he said no ownership for the trailer, go to service Canada and say it's homemade.. Ugh! Right there on the spot he pulls up a Canada website and registers it on the spot, 5 min later I get a email from transport Canada pwc a 90 day temp registration and that the application will be reviewed and the real one will come in 5-10 business days. Sure enough the real one comes email in less than a week(is this real or a fake site. Is there a site to check vins?)
Two weeks later I get a phone call from him, saying hey "I thought of you first " I'm just rebuiding a 98 gtx 1000. And that he liked me the first sale went well, that am getting first chance before he lists it. It was $2500. Same thing as before rebuilt runs great bla bla. I hummed and ha'd for 4-5 days he calls me back, last chance man ad going live, which he lied because I found the listing.. I'm going to making you a deal you can't refuse. 2000$ with a double trailer and he gets the single back, from the first ski I reluctantly accepted the deal, again no deposit. we arranged to come right to my house because of the trailer swap. So he comes to my house "this is still late November 2019. Machine looks great, new gaskets And again instantly registering it on the same Canada site as before. And a week later the real one comes. And once again has no ownership for the trailer, and to say it's homemade, again being very nice guy and such a good salesman I agree!! fk so stupid... so I suggest we go to my trailer 5 min down the road on the grand river where we can offload them in the water and load them onto the double. And again he claims I can't start it because it's winterized.... So he loved my camp loved the river and promised me that in the spring he would come back Here for a afternoon bring his 2017 4 stroke and rip the river and let me ride it... and test drive both of mine and fine tune anything or take a parts list if something didn't work properly. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM SINCE. And he doesn't answer my texts. Which led me here just by googling his name, so now because of covid I'm a month behind in opening, camp just reopened everything behind schedule.
Now about the machines. 97 gtx 800 and 98 gtx 1000.

Already put new carbon ring on It was pissing water as soon as I backed it in and wouldn't start and battery died fairly quickly so gave up quickly as water was leaking very fast. Ring had a big chip in it.
Going to try starting today for the first time Sat 27 with new battery..

1000- Tuesday 23, wouldn't start on the trailer either and battery died fairly quickly as well. Took both batteries home to charge.
Thursday 25..Batteries were fkd so got two new batteries. With the new battery I was able to get the 1000 running on the trailer. sounds like a heavy rattle coming from the outdrive hopefully because it's not in the water... So I backed it in the water and let it run, idle was low like it wanted to stall, I kept it running by feathering the throttle. I read on a post it should have 3000rpm on trailer, 1500 on the water?? Once it starts it fires right up.
Fri 26... Just as a test pull choke hit start won't start again. Finally after many min of choke on choke off pressing the throttle multiple times it started again. And multiple quick start ups after that. I'm assuming a prime issue??

Any way that's my story I know it doesn't really help anyone as I have no new information to give. If the Canadian site is real both skis are in my name, and I still haven't acquired a ownership for the trailer due to covid.
All I has is as of Nov 2019 he was still in the black land Rover, never would have thought to get plate number but it definitely was a Quebec plate.

Phone number that he is not replying to is 437-345-2080.
Company name Proformance
2927 lakeshore blv w - 155
Email - speedandsport@yahoo.com

A few pictures attached...20200622_191331.jpg20200627_103914.jpg20200622_191339.jpgScreenshot_20191110-160347_Kijiji.jpg

Also claiming to be victor McGill

From creating this threat he has refunded me 200$

His interact email is performancedriven1@gmail.com

Please contact
Enfield police dept.
Cnstbl Aaron Macgillivray

File number with fraud Canada
2019-15980

Who knows, maybe someone found him and.....

He has also ripped a friend is of mine off for 1200.

Well wish I found this before todays encounter hes driving a black ford truck now.
.97 GTX I got off him all the same as everyone else motor rebuilt everthing has been redone. He did start it and started instantly. I did do compression test when I got home it was 150.
Registered it on the spot for me.
Did notice when I got home some small things wrong and he says he will give me the parts..
He did at first say he was from Milton but then after searching from bill of sale his shop is in in Toronto.
Showed pics of his shop and it looked full of seadoos and parts.
At this point hes still returning my calls and texts

And the guy strikes back again!
He is selling me Seadoo LRV for the last two months. Owns me a deposit and never delivered.

Currently, he claims to live in Guelph, all the story the same.

The phone he uses: 437-345-7868
Right now, he drives a brown (some might say gold-ish) F150, BD 60020
The shop he used to show me the seadoo is located in Oakville, 886 Winston Churchill Blvd.

He is selling me Seadoo LRV for the last two months. Owns me a deposit and never delivered.

The shop he used to show me the seadoo is located in Oakville, 886 Winston Churchill Blvd.
You have link to an ad?

Hi..I wish I would have seen all this before..he sold me a 98 GTX limited $6000, ran 2 x and then been in driveway all summer, brought it in to winterize and found out engine is screwed amongst other things, he told me he rebuilt it etc, how do I go after him .. thoughts? His number is the 437 345 7868 and pro performance for company name
He is still replying to my msgs but wont make this right.anyone hell on how to recoup..

Back