*WANTED* Access Cover for 98 Speedster, and "Carpet"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

sandshark

Part# 204 050 069 | Access Cover

OK - they call it an access cover, AKA: the storage tray for the engine compartment. I see these in the parts catalog as (of course) discontinued. :(

My Speedster did not have one when I bought it and I really need the storage. :confused:

Also - The "Carpet" on the engine hatch, including the "Sea Doo" lettering, is not great. (Again Sea Doo uses a wierd term IMO. This is hydro-turf type material) It is peeling up at the edges here and there, and has some wax slammed into it from a less than neat detail job sometime in the past. I want to replace it, and I see these three respective part #'s are discontinued as well.

Is there any NON discontinued model and year that will work?

If you have had this same issue, what did you do? I am considering just buying a slab of hydroturf and cutting it into some type of attractive pattern for the hatch if I can't find the real deal.

Thanks as usual...

Marc

Hey Marc, there is a post on here where a owner bought some Hydro turf, in a large sheet and cut it to match the pattern he wanted. He then glued it down and it looks real sweet!~ I'll try and locate the post and re-post it here...

Karl

Hey Marc, there is a post on here where a owner bought some Hydro turf, in a large sheet and cut it to match the pattern he wanted. He then glued it down and it looks real sweet!~ I'll try and locate the post and re-post it here...

Karl

That would be great, Karl.
Looks like a good sized sheet of Hydro-turf goes for about $50.

Might be the easiest way to deal with this particular issue.
Now to find that access cover... :(

Thanks!

Marc

Back