vts question - plz help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

twentythreemx

Hey guys.. before someone says it ive done plenty of googling and searching.. so much info but so hard to put it all together from 30 different posts.

anyways... my VTS worked fine then one day quit. checked and the 7.5 amp fuse is blown.

replaced fuse and the trim works for about 1-3 seconds and it blows again. noticed something smelling like its burning. pulled VTS cover off, not coming from there. replaced fused and tried again..vts worked for a few sec again then blew again and saw the smoke coming from behind the vts box somewhere behind the vts motor.

didnt have a socket big enought o pull the vts off to look into it more.. so my question is

do i need a whole new VTS box? or can you repair soemthing inside the VTS box?

guage works motor seems to work. after fuse blows you just hear it click when you press buttons.

any ideas on a cheaper repair? found 1 vts box on ebay but its pricey!! any advice would be appreciated. thank you!

vts

I'be in te same situation as you I have my 1996 gsx and I put new used MPEM on it and I that I have all the problem solved take it to the dealer so they can reset my MPEM when they try to plug their machine on it popped my 5 amp fuses and put another one do the same blow it again so finally end they told me if I want to let them try to fix when they charge 125 an hourly I say I better take it with me and see what I can do. next day try to figured out found a hole in my vts trim house and see all those wires going to the MPEM and that was all the problem and I still waiting to fix it because due to expensive part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back