VTS install on 951 3D

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

exkartracer

Hello, I'm considering installing a VTS trim system on my 2006 3D Di. I'm not interested in installing a gauge. Just a button and motor at the nozzle. I was hoping to swap over parts from an XP Di, as these have the same hull. The schematics I have show the VTS system wired into the MPEM for a 2004 XP Di. I was hoping to hook up a separate system, with just the hardware from an XP.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have broken two of these manual trim screws on the 3D. Any source for used parts is appreciated as well. Is this project even feasible? Are there any other options for trim control, like a cable and lever?

Thank you for the help, this is a great forum.

Thats exactly what I was looking for racer! Now I just have to get my hands on some parts. I may have some clearance problems with the motor, as my rear deck is flat. I'm still confused on the wiring for the switch, the diagrams I have don't have the VTS as a separate system, it is wired into the MPEM on '04 XP. My MPEM is different than an XP.

I do appreciate the reply. Confirms I'm not too crazy. Thank you!

How did you go with the vts in your 3d i woud love to put one in
Thats exactly what I was looking for racer! Now I just have to get my hands on some parts. I may have some clearance problems with the motor, as my rear deck is flat. I'm still confused on the wiring for the switch, the diagrams I have don't have the VTS as a separate system, it is wired into the MPEM on '04 XP. My MPEM is different than an XP.

I do appreciate the reply. Confirms I'm not too crazy. Thank you!

Sorry, not looking to install VTS at this time. I just bought a 2009 RXT, and will be busy rebuilding superchargers. I am still breaking manual trim screws even year, with no parts availability. Someone with a 3D printer could make some money manufacturing these items in a tougher plastic than the factory made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back